Longest Period of Time Between Changes (Upgrades/Tweaks) In Your System(s)

Let’s EXCLUDE the following:

Firmware/software updates (even though these can be monumental) and repairs.

Everything else, regardless of cost or effort, is fair game even if the change was a terrible idea.

Longest Period Between Changes (Upgrades/Tweaks)
  • More than 10 years
  • 5 - 10 years
  • 4 - 5 years
  • 3 - 4 years
  • 2 - 3 years
  • 1 - 2 years
  • 6 months - 1 year
  • Under 6 months
  • Under 1 month

0 voters

This is some kind of joke, right…? :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

OK, it HAS been 10+, but changes are coming! Good changes.
Retirement and “cooperation” from the IRS (the Tax folks, not the speakers).

Twelve hours; I just received my PST this morning.

3 Likes

Soft (aka free) updates & tweaks: When I have the time.
Hard (aka procured) upgrades: When the account is in good shape.
:smile:

OK, it was over 10 years. I’ve more than made up for it this year. I bought a Rega Saturn R last year. I replaced that last week with a Mark Levinson No.390S. I bought a pair of M1200s and a Power Plant 12. Now I’m contemplating upgrading my Acoustic Research ES-1 and Denon DL-302. I guess when the bug bites, it bites hard.

Wow, 10 years + is in the lead so far.

ADS L810 loudspeakers in system 37 years before upgrade. Luxman T-4 Tuner, closing in on 41 years & listened through a couple hours most days, will probably outlast me. (Luxman L-5 integrated bought the same day as the T-4 still going strong in my son’s system.)

1 Like

10+ years due to kids taking over my bank account and CD being the dominant format.
I then became a streaming beta-tester and had a mid-life audio crisis. It’s a fascinating hobby, but I hope I’m recovering. Main system electronics now unchanged for almost 5 years.

Put together a new office system in the last 3 months and it’s the best value system I’ve had by far.

It is hard to resist doing something at least every 6 months. Which is probably my current pattern. I did three last year (isolation feet for speakers, a mojo box for the Ethernet feed to the integrated, a new cartridge) for the main system alone. Also, got upgraded headphones, got a headphone amp, and a batch of new cabling.

Lets see 28 years from my Denon POA 2200 power amp
to Parasound A21!!

12 years from Infinity Beta 50s to Focal Aria 948s

Yet with tweaks and the like…
Like kerosene …very flamable :grin:

9 years (and counting) and after the survey forced me to think about it I’m utterly shocked. I’ve never been satisfied with anything in my system for that long. Either I really am satisfied with my speakers (now that IS a shocker) or I’m slipping in my old age.

I wish I could go more than a few hours not thinking about how to improve my system!

2 Likes

My CD/SACD player dates back to 2007. Time for a PWT? Everything else in my system has been replaced in the past 5 years. Tweaking things never ends…

how do you like the parasound?

1 Like

HahahahahahahaTHUD!

Question wasn’t directed at me but I can only rave about the Parasound HALO amp I had for years.

1 Like

BTW, some of you have remarkable self-control regarding system changes.

1 Like

I have loved and do love my Halos…

My previous A21 nad my new JC5 !!

So aangen…you went ker thud ? :grin:

What tripped you up?