LPS vs. P15 (iFi SPDIF iPurifier)

I’m using an iFi SPDIF iPurifier on the coax run between Oppo 203 and DS. The wall wart for the iPurifier isn’t the greatest and some have replaced it with an LPS (e.g., Uptone, SBooster). I’ve got the iPurifier plugged into my P15 and it’s made a noticeable improvement with a couple of coax cables, without any downside that I’m aware of. Which leads me to wonder - iFi or other product - can plugging a wall wart into the P15 mitigate the benefit of (or need for) a separate LPS? Thanks,

Any thoughts?

I don’t have any experience with these items at all but I’ll offer a not too dissimilar experience . . .

I have a Rega RP3 turntable that I thought ran pretty steady, plugged into the P5 I had when it as first added to the system. Then I bought a Rega TTPSU to further aid the motor and one of my audio pen pals suggested I not plug that into the P5. So I plugged it into the wall and yes there was a slight improvement in sound that I felt was in “timing”. . . the motor may well have been better regulated and turned even more consistently with less wow and flutter.

Then of course curiosity got the better of me and I plugged the TTPSU into the P5 and darned if that didn’t sound the best of all. An even more “rock-steady” sense to the sound.

So my guess is you could gain benefit from the LPS and perhaps from both the LPS and the P15 together.

Thanks for that info. It’d be interesting to know what the relative contributions were. Good LPS’s don’t come cheap.