Matrix X-SPDIF 2

If you Google “PS Audio HDMI cable” without the quotation marks and then click on “Images,” you can see pictures of various PS Audio HDMI cables. Can you take a picture of your HDMI cable that sounds so good and post it here? Thanks.

It’s still there!!!

Mine went from Beijing to Alaska, and now to Korea… :thinking:

I don’t think the FedEx tracking app is super reliable. :). Mine went China / Korea / Alaska / then Ann Arbor Michigan. So keep your eye out for it.

1 Like

An update on the Matrix: now that the JCAT Reference USB cable is fully burned in, I am just in awe of this setup of Matrix with the USB and the Mocha HDMI. Oh, that gorgeous midrange of the JCAT is simply intoxicating. There’s a lot of low level detail I am hearing without the brightness in the upper registers. The first week and a half the cable had lacked bottom end and I was beginning to get worried, but that proved to be temporary. For me, the JCAT was exactly the cable I needed for the Matrix. Now, it’s time to sit back and enjoy the music.

I still have the Sonictransporter i5 running Roon connected to the Bridge but it hasn’t gotten any use in the last few weeks. I need to change that setup.

1 Like

I just posted an add to sell an extra WireWorld Starlight 7 USB cable I have. It is an excellent cable between the source and Matrix.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/for-sale-wireworld-silver-starlight-7-usb-cable-a-to-b-1-meter/9732?u=jeffofarabica

Dear all,

I just joined the club :blush:

Phil

1 Like

Usama what was in place before the JCAT I missed that

Let me be the first to say:

2 Likes

Thanks bootzilla, hopefully it will live up to the forum praise :sunglasses:

So I’m working from home …tick tock. It’s on the local delivery truck…

I have downloaded the driver - and it shows up in jriver. So I’m ready to roll.

I’ll go thru my normal - play something w old setup … remove and play with new setup.

Only question remains is should I include my wyred RUR in the chain at first as it is in my old setup - or remove it.

Funny that you mention living up to the Forum praise. While I am happy that so many people are enjoying the Matrix, I am starting to worry about the old adage, “nothing lives up to the hype.”

The Matrix is a nice add-on to the DS[J], but the combo would not sound so good if a lesser DAC were at the end of the chain.

Also, how well the Matrix improves a particular listening experience depends on numerous factors including the other system components, room acoustics, and one’s hearing abilities.

So, @Phil, please do not expect too much when you connect up your new Matrix. After all, it is just an unassuming and inexpensive digital-to-digital converter, and the laws of physics are such that it cannot make the incoming source signal sound better than it already does.

Just kidding . . . the Matrix is AWESOME! Prepare to be blown away!

2 Likes

Personally, I would not use the Wyred RUR initially. I would let the Matrix do all the reclocking first, and then add the RUR later to see if you like effect.

I knew you were working for them (just kidding :blush:)
Thank you for sharing your discovery with the forum !! :+1:
Expectactions are huge…

1 Like

Ha ha, I wish I was working for Matrix, with all the recent sales!

The DS[J] is so good without the Matrix that, to truly hear the improvement the Matrix brings, I think one needs capable associated gear, quality room acoustics and, of course, reasonable hearing abilities. If all three are in place, I think most people would agree that it is easy to hear the difference.

2 Likes

@timm I’d been using the Shunyata Venom and had a wireworld chroma before that. Granted, there’s a big price difference but there really was no contest. The sound signature of the JCAT is very apparent and appealing to me.

The eagle has landed

2 Likes

I trust you and the forum.
You guys were pretty much unanimous !

1 Like

As everyone has said - first impression - it is a little brick. Right now an extremely cold brick. So I’m going to let it warm up a bit in the house before I hook it up. I’ll go w bootzillas thought on leaving the RUR our for now and do a good listen tonight.

1 Like

All wise choices! Congrats on its final arrival. What a great way to start the weekend, huh?

1 Like