Modding the DirectStream DAC MKI

Hi Terry,

I did not take time to take pictures but did do the suggestions in these posts from Ted. I used this 3M Sheet that seems to cover the emissions range

I did cover partially the bottom of digital board for the components Ted suggested. I set up a wall of aborber sheet that would block radiation Emissions from display board but not cause heat build up. You can stick to th front wall and bottom to sides of the unused supply heatsinks The new Edcor transformers i cut pieces to fully envelope them to all the way to circuit board after wrapping the lower taps with electrical tape Any vias or through solder joints I painted over with liquid electrical tape to avoid shorts not knowing if they might short to the sheets shield layer. It measure infinite resistance on its adhesive side but decided not to risk adhesive cold flow over time.

Also the components under the digital cable i cut a long narrow strip and just did a roof. The sheet is thin did not seems to be much of a thermal insulator. There were too many resistors or caps close by I did not wish to risk short or take away airflow. The noisy chips up top On digital board and their regulators also got a little rectangle or square of shielding . It was not extremely pretty but is very effective

Here are Teds posts I gleaned as important areas to address

6 Likes