My recent experience with Revelation Audio Labs

You are! No velvet bag for me. Maybe mine is B stock.

Well, itā€™s hooked up and playing. Yes, out of the box (er, bag) it sounds better than the AC-12 HDMI. Night and day? Jaw dropping? Sounding like the finger of the Almighty has touched my system? Um, no, but it is better.

(I find the sometimes extreme exaggeration with this stuff - when a system is already pretty d@mn good - to be tiresome.)

Itā€™s a nice little improvement. :wink:

5 Likes

You canā€™t judge how good a cable is before itā€™s fully broken-in. If it sounds better now, it will only get better, at which point it may become jaw dropping.

Meh. Been doing this too long to get my shorts on fire for whatā€™s essentially a very good, but small, improvement. Also been through the upgrade/improvement routine enough to know what changes to expect over time. Yeah, itā€™ll get better still, and Iā€™ll be glad I did it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How much difference you hear depends on a lot of things.
It depends on how good your hearing is, not everyoneā€™s hearing is the same.

It depends on how good your component is that you are connecting this cable from.
It made a bigger difference connecting my from my Esoteric than from my DMP. This is compared to the WW Platinum S7. The Esoteric has much higher resolution and freedom from noise. It show a higher degree transparency and vividness when compared to the WW. The DMP did not show as big a difference.

It depends on how good the cable you are comparing it to is. The RAL is much better than the WW, but your AC-12 may be very close in sound quality to the RAL so you will not hear as much difference.

It depends on what recordings you use for comparison. Some recordings compliment one cable over another. You will hear more on better recordings with lots of high and low energy content.

1 Like

I noted s very stark improvement over my AC12 in my DMP/DS System. Everything came alive with dramatically improved PRaT, dynamic shadings and slam. Further it opened up low level details heretofore hidden in my system. Give it time to settle and break in.
Also of note, after years of use, my AC12 sounded better than my WWS7 platinum and the RAL improved over the AC12 markedly.

1 Like

The RAL did sound really good fresh out of the purple bag, but it did settle in and open up with a lot of ease over time. Very impressive cable.

It takes less time to break in than it does to obtain.

6 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for my 1M HDMI that was ordered in March, 2021. Repeated emails go unanswered.

And this, from his website, seems particularly galling considering my situation:

" All items are custom crafted to order in queue right here in Palm Coast, Florida, the United States of America, and then fully conditioned on our audiodharma Cable Cooker prior to shipment. PLEASE ALLOW RESPECTIVE LEAD TIME! Please understand and respect that I am currently working on the orders of the customers who placed their orders ahead of yours, and that your order will be completed in the order it was received."

@RobH, that really stinks. Please be assured I have no personal relationship with Brad and had literally asked him about this only this past Friday, via email. When he said he had one in stock I was doubtful. I canā€™t explain why this worked out well for me.

Oh, donā€™t worry about that at all. I cast no aspersions on you in the least; itā€™s the vendor that Iā€™m having a problem with.

I sent him an email this morning and still havenā€™t heard back. Iā€™m about to call him.

Considering that the order was originally placed in March, Iā€™ll likely contact PayPal if there is no action.

Is there a 90-day window from date of purchase to contest the transaction with PayPal?

If there is, then we are well beyond that point.

I find that sad, if so.

4 months later, no product and no communication from vendor, is unacceptable.
Iā€™d ask for a refund.

Iā€™d gladly take a refund, except that he doesnā€™t answer emails or his phone. At least I havenā€™t been able to get with him.

What about calling the credit card company and having them reverse the charges?

I say file a dispute and get your money back. Then go and get an AQ Firebird instead. Iā€™m pretty sure a Firebird will be much better than a RAL. I know my AQ Drazon is in another league. The RAL is not even close in SQ. The Firebird is not much different than the Dragon. Just a few silver ground conductors thatā€™s not even in the signal path. Otherwise, it exactly the same.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip @waymanchen11

Iā€™ll look into those cables, and if I donā€™t hear from Brad by end of weekend, Iā€™ll likely start proceedings. Cheerfully soā€¦ this wait is nuts.

1 Like

Ordered Feb 8th.
Finally received 2 days ago.
So it took over 5 months to be delivered.

1 Like

Congrats.

Since I ordered in March, maybe Iā€™ll get lucky.

What really bugs me is that blurb on his site that says he works a queue. Itā€™s one thing to make people wait, itā€™s another to BS like that.