My recent experience with Revelation Audio Labs

The issue is not the performance of Brad’s cables, in this case, most often discussed, the HDMI.
It’s excellent, not peerless, but excellent. In my system and to my ears, it’s just slightly better than my Harmonic Technology Magic cable, or the PS Audio AC-10.
The issue, however is Brad’s sophomoric customer service, which by my direct experience, would cause me to not only NOT recommend his products, but warn against them. He needs to sell his company to a grown up.

3 Likes

I’m not saying RAL is not a good cable, by any standard it’s one of the best I tried. It’s the frustration of being told again and again that it’s in the mail and it’s a complete lie. You’re lucky you got it in a month, but what about all the others that waited many months and no delivery. I feel for their frustration.

2 Likes

I judge the product by ITS performance, not the person who built it! I recommend based on ITS performance!!!

glad for you

1 Like

I sent notice in email to Brad with link to this forums posting so he can see the irate customers for himself and he just looked at my email: Email Trace (CloudHQ)

Subject: Open in GmailRe: Astonishing Sound Improvement
To: Brad Vojtech brad@revelationaudiolabs.com
Sent: July 24, 2021 2:55 PM
Read: July 24, 2021 3:03 PM ( Safari iPhone - Orlando, Florida 32802 US )

Hopefully he will be nudged to improve his communication with others.

Ata boy !!

I judge a product by its performance, as well.

I judge a company by their responsiveness and support.

I don’t judge Brad as a person — I’ve never met him, and I certainly haven’t had the occasion to speak with him.

1 Like

If I was concerned about him seeing this discussion, I wouldn’t have typed in any of my replies.

I gotta ask: Are you related to him?

I’m not sure why the great concern and defense of RAL on your part. If you like the product, then bully for you.

I don’t think Brad needs your support, and I’d appreciate it if you’d not interfere with my interaction with his company. It truly is none of your business, AFAICT

8 Likes

I have the USB cable you describe and found it not to be a stand out in any way. It made no impression and has not been used since.

The HDMI cable us quite another story. It is most impressive.

2 Likes

Yes, tell it like it is, his USB cable sucks, there are many more USB cables out there that make his seem like a patch cord.

1 Like

I highly doubt that any of the remarks in this forum are going to steer RAL in any direction.

All of the comments and complaints that have been made here are nothing new.

RALs product and service have not changed from time immemorial.

If you want RAL product, you have always had to wait for it, that is nothing new.

Hand made product that has an extreme backlog ( because it is in demand ) takes time.

I ordered from RAL many years ago, the wait was the same as today and I was always happy with the product I received.

My take is that RAL is 99% a one man show that is making a good living.

I am a firm believer in that in order to be successful, sometimes it is better to do the opposite of everybody else.

RAL would be an example of this.

1 Like

He lists hiself as owner and president, so I’d guess he has some underlings to preside over. Also, he uses the word “we” a lot :thinking:.

There are many examples of small manufacturers, making first class products in manual batches, that require long lead times for delivery. Decware is an example of such a company.
The difference between Decware and RAL is in the level of maturity that guides their business model.
Steve Deckert tells you upfront that it’s going to be a long wait for his product and customers are then happy to know in advance what to expect. They either choose to wait or they go elsewhere, but looking at his production sheet, it looks like most buyers are willing to wait–including me.
Brad lies to his customers. His style is ridiculous

2 Likes

Ah, therein lies the key distinction.

I may have been a bit loose when I suggested that Brad had never emailed me. For that oversight, I apologize to the readership at large.

He wrote two times, maybe three, saying that my shipment would go out soon/end of week. The most recent example was that it was supposed to ship by Friday last, a date that has come and gone. And he cut a shipping label three weeks ago, but it never shipped.

So, yes, he has lied to me on a few occasions.

When I want another cable from him I will not hesitate to order it.

I do wish he and/or they would be straight about delays. I am over it otherwise.

So my audiophile friend from Hong Kong just drop by right now and I wanted him to do a blind test and see what he thinks about the RAL and my Dragon cables. He is an analog guy. He doesn’t do digital except for movies. He says digital can never sound as good as analog. He has the Clearaudio Master Innovation Wood with the Olympus Stand and Clearaudio Goldfinger v2 Statement needle.

Anyway I first play music with the Dragon and then the same music with the RAL. He said the music sounds flatter and not as dimensional and space. He has good ears. That was the RAL he was talking about. He much preferred the sound of the Dragon. I told him about the price difference and he said no wonder. The RAL sounded like a cheaper cable which it is.

Too bad I don’t have my Esoteric running right now since it’s in the shop being work on right now or I might give him second thoughts on how good Digital can sound.

2 Likes

Sounds like Brad needs to learn the art of under promise and over deliver.

5 Likes

Successful business is simple.
Say what you are going to do, when you are going to do it and for how much money.
Then just do what you said you would do.

Of course for manufacturing COVID has thrown a monkey wrench into the gears but you can always admit that you can’t promise delivery and it may be months before you can.

I just went shopping for a new equipment trailer and they said delivery would be 12-16 weeks and no guarantee on price or delivery until construction has started and materials prices are known.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to why you chose a derogatory term to refer to Brad’s employees and chose the word ‘preside’ as if Brad is a lord who rules his servants? Sort of shows a preconceived notion on your part to judge the character of Brad beyond his interaction with customers in this forum. The FAQ section makes reference to avoiding ad hominem attacks and name calling.

underling

OK, “He must have staff who he presides over” Happy?

And yes, Presidents DO preside.

3 Likes