Need advice on directstream for headphone rig

I also have the LCD-3 with a Bryston headphone amp. It’s never overkill when
it comes to the source, I also have a full-blown Linn LP12 with a Lyra to compliment
the digital. I pull out the LPs when I am in the right mood, otherwise, it is a lot of work.
I would say 95% digital and 5% LPs for me.

I use Balanced out from the DS into the Bryston and RCA obviously from the Linn.
Its nice to have a choice at a flick of the switch.

Buy the DirecStream Snr. That price is a great buy.

I use my DS Snr also with my headphones rig (Stax).

Thanks everyone for the advice (especially Ted). I just ordered the Terminator but now I am considering if I should buy a DS as well so I can compare them myself. Argh… I just don’t see any other way I can be sure on the right dac for me.

I’m a bit scared to have all that gear in case when I sell one of them no one buys.

For my mainsystem headphone rig, I use a Bryston BDP-1 (USB output) to a Meridian Prime Headphone amp/DAC. I can also access the headphone amp with my W4S preamp/DSJr, but the Bryston USB gives me MQA access at the amp. Senn HD 800 and HD700 headphones. Are you using Roon?

Also for headphones info, check out headphone.com There are nice & helpful folks over there.

Snag that DS Sr. That’s a pretty fair price.

I didn’t want to spend a lot on headphones, so I bought some Focal Elears and plugged into the DSD Sr. the sound is excellent.