Need iPad app that will work with BRIDGE, network drives, and OSX MAC network

i have a Directstream DAC as well as the matching transport. I have the BRIDGE installed in the Directstream.

i have 3 separate network boxes in my network that have music. I know PlugPlayer is horrible but I haven’t found anything that sees both my drives as well as the BRIDGE.

PlugPlayer no longer sees all of the drives. I have to be honest when I say the Bridge has ALWAYS been flakey. It gets stuck on the last song when using for a while, and I have to end up resetting the Bridge device, when using it as a Network player.

i want to use my IPAD to control my music selections. I downloaded a bunch of DLNA apps,and they ALL show the Network drives,but none see the Directstream BRIDGE.

I also have the ARIA OPPO-105 upgrade. It’s software is superior, and the sound is very good, but NOTHING sounds like the Ted Smith &Paul McGowen collaboration.i have suffered thru using the PlugPlayer for almost 6 months.

the lack of cohesive software seriously hurts the user experience of my Directstream Bridge. Does anyone out there have any ideas please?

thanks

mike Siegel. Nj USA

Have you tried mconnectHD? I’m not crazy about the interface but it works pretty well with the Bridge 2 beta (the people behind it are working with PSA on the B2 firmware).

I am trying it now. Seems to work ok.

by MOST people’s opinion, the DIRECTSTREAM is the best DAC. Why is there not a direct relationship with an I Pad app?

its 2015. The product DESERVES a quality app. The Directstream and transport combo are over $10,000. I shouldn’t have to use PlugPlayer or Elyric.

I just downloaded ARC MC for my I Pad. It immediately saw all of my servers,including the Directstream. It also sees all 4 of my DLNA networked music drives. It was only $5.00

Mike S

I agree that the lack of good UPnP controllers for the iPad is a real nuisance. I use mconnect, since it seems to be about the best thing available now if you can’t use an OpenHome-based controller like Kinsky, but am always looking for something better. Mike, what is ARC MC? I just did a search on the iPad store and came up with a mortgage calculator, which I don’t think is what you’re using.105_gif

mikesiegel1 said I am trying it now. Seems to work ok.

by MOST people’s opinion, the DIRECTSTREAM is the best DAC. Why is there not a direct relationship with an I Pad app?

its 2015. The product DESERVES a quality app. The Directstream and transport combo are over $10,000. I shouldn’t have to use PlugPlayer or Elyric.

I just downloaded ARC MC for my I Pad. It immediately saw all of my servers,including the Directstream. It also sees all 4 of my DLNA networked music drives. It was only $5.00

Mike S

Unfortunately we got burned by PlugPlayer several years ago, and have stayed away from app developers since.

Dennis