Need to reset both DSD and Bridge II to default firmware

Hi everybody.

I recently went though a major overhaul of my PWD MKII, and I upgraded it to DirectStream DAC with the kit. After the upgrade, I installed the SD card, firmware loaded OK, everything was nice.

A couple of days ago, I received the Bridge II card I purchased, installed it, loaded the provided firmware, again everything was nice and working, streamlined interface, fast and responsive, everything was fine until this morning.

Do you ever have foolish ideas? Well, I did. I checked on the PSAudio website for updated firmware and there was a post that caught my attention: PWD Bridge II fix. After decades working with Microsoft, the word “fix” throws me into panic mode, so without further ado I downloaded and installed it.

BANG!

Gone the nice interface and the features of the latest firmwares, all I get now is the old style interface of my old PWD DAC. I tried to re-install the firmware cards that came with the DSD kit (Yale, 12-061-99-1) and the Bridge (12-061-99-2), but they won’t load any longer.

So the question is: how do I force the DSD and the Bridge to load the original firmware they came with? Alternatively, how do I reset DSD and Bridge II to factory settings?

Any help would be appreciated

This is the force load of Yale. This should fix you up.

http://updates.psaudio.com/dak/yale9999.zip

Dennis

m_parigi said Do you ever have foolish ideas?
Yes. Regularly. And the scars to prove it.

Please let us know when you are back up and running.

m_parigi said Hi everybody.

I recently went though a major overhaul of my PWD MKII, and I upgraded it to DirectStream DAC with the kit. After the upgrade, I installed the SD card, firmware loaded OK, everything was nice.

A couple of days ago, I received the Bridge II card I purchased, installed it, loaded the provided firmware, again everything was nice and working, streamlined interface, fast and responsive, everything was fine until this morning.

Do you ever have foolish ideas? Well, I did. I checked on the PSAudio website for updated firmware and there was a post that caught my attention: PWD Bridge II fix. After decades working with Microsoft, the word “fix” throws me into panic mode, so without further ado I downloaded and installed it.

BANG!

Gone the nice interface and the features of the latest firmwares, all I get now is the old style interface of my old PWD DAC. I tried to re-install the firmware cards that came with the DSD kit (Yale, 12-061-99-1) and the Bridge (12-061-99-2), but they won’t load any longer.

So the question is: how do I force the DSD and the Bridge to load the original firmware they came with? Alternatively, how do I reset DSD and Bridge II to factory settings?

The problem is once you upgraded the PWD to DirectStream you no longer have a PWD. Installing PWD firmware in a DirectStream DAC will most certainly hose the device. Hopefully what Dennis sent you will fix it.

Paul McGowan said
m_parigi said Hi everybody.

BANG!

The problem is once you upgraded the PWD to DirectStream you no longer have a PWD. Installing PWD firmware in a DirectStream DAC will most certainly hose the device. Hopefully what Dennis sent you will fix it.

The Yale update in the wost below will fix it.

Dennis

Yup, the firmware Dennis gave me did the trick!!! I’m up and running once again, ready to screw everything up once again…

OT: Paul, the combination of DSD and Bridge II is just awesome! I made a few real time comparison between the DA section of my Wadia CD/SACD player and the DSD, and your stuff beat the s… out of poor Wadia

Thank you everybody!

Woo Hoo!

Glad it’s fixed and you’re happy and welcome to the forum!