New preamp dark display and no sound

hi Guys

just turned it on. Started to rename the line 1 and left the room for 3 minutes, when I got back the display is dark. Is the preamp’s display is fried???

aries (aes/ebu) -> ps dsd dad (XLR input) -> XLR balanced output -> BHK preamp line 1 -> XLR balanced output -> BHK 250 Power amp.

all left icons on dac, pre, amp are blue. When I move control on preamp I hear took-took sound but no display But music is playing loud

totally new equipment (amp, pre, dac, Aries)

dac shows green icon on aes/ebu input so I assume signal from Aries to dac is going. What do I miss or I got lemon? The display was operational for 70 minutes

thanks,

Dmitry

I tried to turn off / on the preamp but it didn’t help

interesnee said hi Guys

just turned it on. Started to rename the line 1 and left the room for 3 minutes, when I got back the display is dark. Is the preamp’s display is fried???

aries (aes/ebu) -> ps dsd dad (XLR input) -> XLR balanced output -> BHK preamp line 1 -> XLR balanced output -> BHK 250 Power amp.

all left icons on dac, pre, amp are blue. When I move control on preamp I hear took-took sound but no display But music is playing loud

totally new equipment (amp, pre, dac, Aries)

dac shows green icon on aes/ebu input so I assume signal from Aries to dac is going. What do I miss or I got lemon? The display was operational for 70 minutes

thanks,

Dmitry

I am pretty sure the display is not fried. It may be dimmed. Using your remote control, press the ipper left “on” button to see if that brings it back. Contact our service department if not. I am sure we can get it going for you.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply, but this is the first thing I tried last night = and it didn’t help. It didn’t help this morning either.

When I clicked dim/on both dac/pre displays were off/on (last night it was working for 60 mins). But after I went in preamp settings, then left the equipment without finishing the setup (got a front door bell ring), then came back (in 3 minutes) - the display is off no matter what I do. Also when I got in the room it had a smell of fried equipment not sure if it’s because the equipment is totally new (and therefore the smell) or if really the display got fried for some reason. The Sound is great, amp/dac/pre are working - display on pre is the only issue.

I called support already.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Can you contact our service department? Where are you located?