No Album Cover Art when streaming music from NAS

Hello fellow PWD Mk1, PWD Mk2 and PWD Direct Stream users

I am writing to you today about a problem with the album cover art when streaming music that I am struggling to figure out.
I recently bought a WD My Book Live and transferred my iTunes library into the shared public music folder to stream music from the WD NAS to my PSAudio PWD Mk2 DAC media renderer via the PSAudio Bridge. I use the PlugPlayer app on my iphone to select the Twonky {MyBookLive} Media Server and select my PSAudio DAC as the Media Renderer, that works fine in regards to playing the music file, but none of the album art shows up. The cover art was embedded by itunes however, and using the PS-Audio Elyric software on my MacBookAir as a media server instead of the WDMyBookLive all the cover art shows up on my PlugPlayer app on the iphone and in the display of my PSAudio PWD Mk2. Why does Twonky(MyBookLive) not show the embedded cover art? Actually some of my music files ( about 10% of my music) do show the cover art via Twonky(MyBookLive), but in a poor resolution and it seems to be only music I bought on the iTunes Store. Is there a setting I should use when importing music to my iTunes library to make the art work compatible with the WD MyBookLive? Hope you can help.
Kind Regards,
Arne

Make sure the SD card is inserted in the back of the DAC. It holds and provides the art.

I’m not sure if it is still the case (seems likely, however) but in the old days iTunes handled cover art differently depending on how it was acquired. For example, if you imported a CD and let iTunes find the cover, it would add the cover to a separate database but not imbed it in the music file. If you added the cover art manually, iTunes would embed it in the file and other programs would see it. I turned off the find-cover-art feature for that reason (it has been a long time since I used iTunes to manage my music so not sure what has changed).

Thank you for the tip. I will give it a try.

stevem2 said I'm not sure if it is still the case (seems likely, however) but in the old days iTunes handled cover art differently depending on how it was acquired. For example, if you imported a CD and let iTunes find the cover, it would add the cover to a separate database but not imbed it in the music file. If you added the cover art manually, iTunes would embed it in the file and other programs would see it. I turned off the find-cover-art feature for that reason (it has been a long time since I used iTunes to manage my music so not sure what has changed).

gordon said Make sure the SD card is inserted in the back of the DAC. It holds and provides the art.
The SD card is plugged in. It seems to be more of a twonky issue according to Paul McGowan.

I was hoping someone here had run into the same issue and figured it out by now.