No Idea, but possibly related to DSD now

A post from prior to the 2014 Axpona show. Boggles my mind that this was 8 years ago.

I’m missing something here, should there be a link to a previous thread?

Trying to link to PS Audio.

Let me know if this works.

1 Like

Yes, the link works.

1 Like

Worked for me too!

When you look back you sometimes wonder “have we really made progress?”. Everything is relative to the times, but yes, we have made progress. No Discman any more, it’s CD quality (keep repeating “mp3 does not exist … mp3 does not exist”) on a phone. Don’t need to worry about buffers and skipping now! Too bad those “nice” DAC chips aren’t in the phones yet. Two steps forward, one step back …. Oh, one more thing, the DS is still current!

That yellow Discman was many years prior to this post - not at all sure when. Probably a decade or two. At the time it was to say that 1 bit stuff had been around for a while.

…and the MR recorders - NOT AT ALL as good as anything that anyone like Cookie was using to record DSD at the time, because it is not simply about the format, but about the A to D and the D to A going to and from it. So a cheap portable had nothing whatsoever to do with what was being used by pros to record or playback/print DSD at the time. Contrary to my statement.

2 Likes