Noise Harvester failure?

I’ve got 2 Noise Harvesters that I have been using and they have done a great job of making a difference for me. Recently my ARC CD 3 Mk 2 failed (for unknown reason as of yet) today when I went in to check my Intergrated Amp the line noise is so bad that the Harvester’s light in on constantly BUT, now the outlet that my ARC was on the noise Harvester is not working at all. I unplugged the Harvester on the amp and it works there and I tried it in a couple other outlets as well all OK but, the other Harvester shows no light on any of the same outlets, has that unit failed or is it still working?? I had registered them when I got them brand new, do I need a new one now? Could that have been the reason my ARC CD 3 shut down too? I could use help with this. Thanks-

Ray

I am not clear what you are saying. If the Harvester works in one outlet but not another then there’s nothing wrong with the Harvester.

Is it possible there’s no power on the outlet the ARC was on?

Welcome, Ray!

Are you saying one Harvester does not light up at all, even when plugged into locations they makes another Harvester blink?

I cannot think of any way a Harvester could harm another component. Even a massive Harvester failure would, at worst, trip a circuit breaker. It cannot send anything harmful onto the line which can hurt anything.

It is possible however that what made the ARC fail also harmed the Harvester and made it fail.

The Noise Harvester was working still fine even after I had removed the ARC to bring it in for repair. I’ve gone in and checked the room every couple of days and the light was still blinking for them both. Yesterday the Harvester that was on the ARC outlet (does work) did not have any light on at all. What I DID DO was pull the working one from the amp and tried it in that outlet and it worked fine and it also worked in every out let I tried through out the house. The Harvester that (now had stopped blinking) does NOT WORK (or should I say doesn’t light up) in any of the very same outlets that the that I performed the A/B tests on. I had checked the circuit box and nothing had gotten tripped and the outlets were installed by a lic. electrician when I had them changed as they are a cryo’d Oyaide. With no light on the Harvester does that mean that it’s no longer working now and I’d have to either go without or replace it??

If a Harvester doesn’t blink at all it may have died, but check it on other outlets to make sure.

Elk’s correct. A Harvester cannot damage anything as it is 100% passive and in parallel to the circuit. It can itself be damaged.

Be thankful that all that happened when it died is that the light went out. When one of mine came to the end of its operational lifespan, it partially melted on one side and got kind of stinky (some of the magic blue smoke must have escaped!). I have since moved my remaining Harvesters to locations where I can keep a closer eye on them.

Paul McGowan said If a Harvester doesn't blink at all it may have died, but check it on other outlets to make sure.

Elk’s correct. A Harvester cannot damage anything as it is 100% passive and in parallel to the circuit. It can itself be damaged.

Hi Paul,

I bought 6 Noise Harvesters during 2008 or 2009. I’d not used them for a longtime.

None of them’re blinking now.

Can you please suggest a way to make them work again? I can open the units and replace suspect components which you might know better.

Thanks.