NPC firmware update process doesn't work.

Hi Folks,

On Christmas, Santa delivered to me a new NPC with a main firmware revision level of 048. I downloaded what appears to be a later version of firmware, 052, from the website, unzipped it and put the 5 files onto a FAT formatted 4GB thumb drive (the smallest that I have).

I powered the system down, installed the thumb drive into the firmware port on back of the unit and turned the power back on. The NPC booted into what is its normal operating screen and, after 24 seconds, the screen went blank. The light on the thumb drive flashed rapidly on and off for at least 10 minutes (the possible wait time suggested in the manual) and nothing happened. No firmware update, no error message, nada… Just the rapid on/off of the activity light on the flash drive.

Any idea what’s going on or what, if there’s an operator problem, what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Sounds like you did all the right things. I’d contact Alex on Monday and we’ll find out what went wrong.

Thanks Paul. I’ll contact you all directly on Monday. Have a good New Year!

Paul,

Per your recommendation, I placed a call at 0830 your time today and was directed to Alex’s voice mail system. I guess you guys are pretty busy or Alex was out as I did not get a call back. Anyway, off to bed for me and I’ll probably get that call tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Joe Keifer

He was pretty slammed after getting back but I am surprised he didn’t call you. Let us know if you don’t hear today and please accept my apologies.

Hello,

I have the same problem as Joe.

Wolfgangt

Paul McGowan said He was pretty slammed after getting back but I am surprised he didn't call you. Let us know if you don't hear today and please accept my apologies.
Hi Paul,

No call back so I will try again on Friday (unless you will be closed for the New Year’s weekend.

Best Regards,

Joe

Hello,

I got my NPC flashing to Firmware 052.

Thanks.

Wolfgangt

Happy New Year

What version of bootloader do you have?

Dennis

wolfgangt said Hello,

I got my NPC flashing to Firmware 052.

Thanks.

Wolfgangt

Happy New Year

That’s good to hear. I got mine working as well. Alex sent me four files all of which were contained within the 052 downloadable zip but I am not sure how they differed, at all, from what was available in the zip.