Nuwave phono firmware update

I’m new to PS Audio and recently purchased a NuWave phono to record some vinyl. I read the forums for updating the firmware from 0.45. I downloaded, unzipped 0.55 and copied the files to a formatted 64gb USB stick. Turned the Phono off, inserted the USB stick and turned the phono on. The blue light flashes for a minute or so then it reboots. From the screen im not sure if anything has happened. attached is a shot of the screen after.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, George

I’ve got a hunch the update didn’t stick because the numbers on the NPC status window there don’t seem to correlate with the file numbers in the update package.

I’m curious why there is a 9999 loader.cfg file in the 0.55 update package, I thought the 9999 is a forced version which PS Audio doesn’t make available for public download.

You’re correct and I don’t know why that should be out in the wild. There’s a lot of holdover of bad practices before Matt joined the team and installed version control and standards for the team.

Should I try the version before .55?

I suggest you pause for a moment and wait for PS Audio to check the files in the update package. As Paul mentioned, that force load version should not have been there. You need to be cautious and know exactly what you’re doing if there is a force load file in an update package.

Good idea

I just downloaded the .55 update and unzipped it to find this:

These are perfectly fine to use just DO NOT try and load this into another PS Audio product not the one it was intended for. The 9999 code is what we all use internally so it’s just fine. The only danger is putting it in the wrong kind of PS Audio device like a DS or Power Plant.

Thanks, any advice on how I can’t get it to load?

Same here.

I would. My NPC was delivered with .54 loaded i never had any issues with it. I updated to .55 and suddenly I could not adjust any settings as the display would shut off within 2 seconds of hitting a button. I took it back to .54 and I am ok again!