I’ve got what I think are the “basics” of my system somewhat right. I’ve got a decent room, with Monitor Audio Silver 300’s, PS Audio Gain Cell DAC, PS Audio S300, and a Bluesound Node 2 (with upgraded Audioquest NRG power cable) feeding the GCD via coax along with a Onkyo DS-7555 CD player (Stereophile Class B) feeding the GCD via coax as well. All music played is Tidal Hifi and I’ll probably be switching to Qobuz when it becomes available. My only power “conditioning” at the moment is a PS Audio Duet. Speaker cables are Belden 10g wire, and interconnects are RCA’s by bettercables.com Silver Serpent. Power cables are OEM, except 1 upgraded power cable running into my S300 (Audioquest NRG 3). Also, I’m experimenting with my speaker placement and am getting that refined, so I’m slowly getting there and its becoming less of a concern.
So, here’s my question…what should I consider upgrading FIRST if I were to make an investment in order of the following?
- Power regenerator like the upcoming Stellar?
- Power cables across the board (upgraded)
- XLR interconnects like the Kimber Hero’s
- Isoloation for my speakers like the Isoacoustic Gias?
- isolation for my equipment other than what’s OEM
- Nicer speaker cables other than my Belden 10g wire (though I have long runs - almost 20 feet I need so this could be very costly).
- Something else???
I’m just not sure what the order of priory should be. I’m guessing I should go first for something like the upcoming Stellar power conditioner first, but I’m not sure. I know I could obviously upgrade to nicer speakers but for the moment what I have is very good for me, and I also know I could upgrade to something like a directstream jr or even the M700 mono’s, but, again, I’m content with my GCD and S300 for the next several years ($$$).