P10 abnormal behavior

Last month I posted that after been struck by lightning the P10 produced a loud click and immediately shutdown itself and all of my gear (see my post http://www.psaudio.com/forum/ac-power-forum/p10-saved-my-gear/ )

A recheck today shows it wasn’t that ultimate happy ending…

Although at first sight the P10 seemed fine the display shows the opposite:

IMG_0269-2.JPG

…voltage out is set to 230V (not delivered) and THD isn’t handled well.

Below a screenprint of the display in better times:

IMG_0216.JPG

Don’t know if it matters but there seems to be a deviation in current too…

It almost seems the P10 is delivering power as receiving without handling as meant. Can lightning damage the P10 without blowing a fuse or is there anything I overlooked (maybe the fuse IS blown and that’s why the P10 just bypasses powerhandling…)?

Is there anything I can do myself or is it absolutely necessary to have the P10 repaired at my dealer/Belgian importer?

P10 high THD

I share your suspicion your P10 is damaged and suspect the regenerator circuit needs to be replaced. When it fails, THD is essentially the same as incoming, just as you are seeing.

wijber said

Last month I posted that after been struck by lightning the P10 produced a loud click and immediately shutdown itself and all of my gear (see my post http://www.psaudio.com/forum/ac-power-forum/p10-saved-my-gear/ )

A recheck today shows it wasn’t that ultimate happy ending…

Although at first sight the P10 seemed fine the display shows the opposite: …

Hi wijber,

Elk is spot on. Your THD out is the same (or very close) to your THD in.

The P10 needs to be repaired at a certified service location.

Reach out to us at service@psaudio.com with your shipping address and serial number and we’l get you taken care of.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

Knowing PS Audio is praised for his excellent service my experience still was a revelation to me. And you folks have to be proud of your representative at Aspera Audio in Europe who helped me out in the most perfect sense!!

IMG_0273.JPG

Yippy!

Excellent!