Pass Labs XA60.8

Speaking from experience, BHK 300’s don’t hold their value well. Good luck with your sale!

Yes. My favorites by a mile.

Thanks. I’ve been running Tungsrams in both amp and preamp. I’ve been scared to try anything expensive. I guess I should…

Just be sure to buy them from a reputable dealer. I have never had a happy experience buying tubes off Ebay.

2 Likes

KEF Reference 1s mounted on the factory stands with REL t/7i stereo subs. They are relatively inefficient at 85db sensitivity.

1 Like

Brent Jesse is a solid source for tubes.

Brent Jesse

1 Like

Is Albert a Pass dealer?

You will need to ask Albert.

Precision Audio Video

Located next to The Green Mill, on Broadway, off of Lawrence, Chicago.
I purchased my Luxman 509AX from him, (NIB) he was a pleasure to deal with.

1 Like

@amsco15 - When you are ready to sell your 300’s please PM me. I may be interested in them.

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh. Is he one of the forum members here?

1 Like

Chicago high end dealer, working on a salon concept business model. By appointment only.

1 Like

Thanks!

I believe this is Albert’s E-Store on Audiogon

There’s lots of great stuff including a PS Audio PST for $4800

3 Likes

The one question. Ok, more than one question. Why is someone else getting rid of their Pass Labs?
What are they looking for in their system that Pass doesn’t have (ok, you might never find out)? And how does that compare with what you’re looking for in your system (looking for less warmth, or more warmth, or more resolution? Would different tubes in the BHK300 provide the sound you’re looking for? Would different speakers (like an FR-30) be an ultimate goal? (I have M1200’s fed from a BHK Pre, and sometimes go 100% tube putting Conrad Johnson pre and power amps in the system). I am very happy with my current system, but at the same time am interested in the stunning-looking (and I have a hunch, fantastic-sounding) FR-30 speakers. Please keep everyone posted, and enjoy your journey.

The endless quest for better sound. There are more expensive, and probably better amps than even Pass Labs.

3 Likes

And to beat Pass, that endless quest gets pricey. I love Pass, one of the best of the best. I was looking at going back to Pass after a hiatus and thought about the 60s as mentioned in this post. A Pass dealer told me that may not be enough power for me. After reading this thread I’m not sure that is 100% accurate as my speakers are 91Db which is pretty efficient but I ended up with a 250.8. Hard to beat that amp with anything anywhere- even the 60s. However in my “quest” I had an opportunity to try a very good integrated and I do like it better on overall performance (across genre and sources) and especially detail. Come to find out, my speakers were used in the development and voicing of the amp. So synergy is there and it is apparent. So there are Pass alternatives but I would think most any of us would be happy with Pass forever if we so chose to get off the merry go round… Great products. (however I did not like the pre much, amps though 100%).

1 Like

Which integrated did you try?

1 Like

I too am curious as to the integrated amplifier and 91dB efficient speakers you refer to. As far as solid state goes I have always been keen on Nelson Pass designs, and those he influenced. The XA25 and Int-60 were on my short list last go around when setting up a new system. I ultimately went with an ST amp and Open Baffle speakers. The speakers have just broken in to the point I can experiment with the amp voicing.

Best amp I have had the pleasure of owning to date…

6 Likes

That would be a significant step up, Dan D’Agostiono Progression Integrated Amplifier. Very nice. Heard one with the Rockport Avior II. Impressive, but beyond my means.

Avior II

1 Like