Photography

4 Likes

There were hotspots for sensors that’s hitting around the 3 year old mark, A all those sensors were replaced for free, even those that were out of warranty if I recalled correctly.

1 Like

Ouch that must indeed have stung!

Some sensors started to break up after a few years. They were made by Kodak, who had gone bust. Leica started off by charging people £2,000 for replacements and took 3 months to do them. Eventually they had to do it for free and I think refunded those who paid. Cameras with Kodak sensors became worthless. They had to develop a replacement sensor, that took 2 years.

ah yes i remember Kodak blew it when digital photography became a thing…

7 Likes

What is this? I think fire but everything surrounding is green.

Mist from a large pond up the trail.

Cool. Nature continually surprises and amazes.

1 Like

I grew up in swimming holes like this one. Good times! Oh to be a kid again.

I bet you could get some amazing images either early or just before sunset, if the mosquitos don’t get ya.

1 Like

5 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Photo taken with a flip phone then I applied a grunge filter using a free trial, hence the watermark.

5 Likes

Why aren’t photos of alleged UFOs this clear?

The cicadas hit peak in my back yard this weekend. Here are some on one of the trees. I measured a peak of 80.4 dB. They’re both cool and annoying.

A closeup of one of the critters on my veranda:

4 Likes

The past 3 weekends at the golf course (EGC) has been like hearing a sci-fi movie with aliens.

1 Like

Did you hear the Memorial Tournament this weekend? I live less than five miles from the course. It’s eerie when they get synchronized and sound like an alarm wailing.

1 Like

Yes, I did. One of my golfing buddies grew up beside our golf course and told me since he was young there has always been a lot of them there. I wonder if I’ll be around playing there in 17 more years… ha

I hear they go well with cocktail sauce…:woozy_face: