Photography

6 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Burlington, Vermont, Oct. 12, 2021, @ 6:21 PM.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Cruising along the Blue Ridge Parkway and had to take a quick shot of the approaching storm. Fuji Velvia film.

10 Likes

I live 25 miles or so from the Parkway, traveled every mile along it on my motorcycle and Sky Line Drive.

The Parkway and Skyline Drive are great roadways for cruising - as long as you’re not in a hurry :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

If this is what I’m thinking of I was on one or the other road about six years ago with a childhood friend. We were doing one of our Civil War location tours and had been to Appomattox, for example. Anyway, one early Sunday morning he’s navigating and I’m driving – think we were right near Mt. Weather. He directs me onto this twisty, winding road and I’m driving in a really dense fog. In many spots there really wasn’t much of a shoulder to our right separating us from what would have been a deadly fall off the road. Luckily we made it through what was about a 25 minute drive that felt like it took hours.

Does this sound like it could be the roadway(s) you’re referring to?

It’s been quite a few years since that road trip so I don’t remember the exact location on the Parkway. It would have been somewhere between Linville Gorge and Boone, North Carolina. There are so many roads with precipitous drop offs, driving them in foggy or icy conditions is very nerve wracking for sure.

Here’s another photo from that same drive taken at Linville Gorge.

7 Likes

We were on different stretches of the road then because I was in Virginia at the time.

I got some photos of Linville falls somewhere, that part of the parkway is just over the mountains from me.

Part of the Epic property near Verona WI.

9 Likes

I’ve been there a couple of times, beautiful area.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Convention center, Madison WI

7 Likes