6 Likes

Only a half of a pot of gold?

9 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

Took a trip on the wayback machine this week:
Baldwin

Scenery

Cumbres & Toltec narrow gage RR. Runs 63 miles between Chama, NM and Antinito, CO and crosses the border 12 times in the process.

The 1903 Baldwin engine was coal fired, but what I didn’t appreciate was the critical reliance on water. There were three watering stations along the 63 mile route. The tender on the engine held 4,100 gal, but even then we had to stop once to top the thing off.

Just before this trip, I happened to watch this video documenting a reviewer driving an E-Mustang from Fort Collins to L.A. and the drama that charging stations provided.

The irony of the parallels of 1900’s SOTA transportation technology to today’s EV’s dumbfounded me. When traveling long distances, each mode of transport requires travel along specific routes where water/charging stations are distributed. And both are ultimately powered by fossil fuels. (only ~12% of US electricity is generated using solar and wind, with nuclear chipping in another 19%).

Back to the Future :laughing:

10 Likes

@vkennedy61,

Only $49,000:

1 Like

I need those, not want.

1 Like

Back to the beach…:grin:
Panama City Beach,Florida.

12 Likes

Slumming it

7 Likes

Its your serve

11 Likes

Virtue Field
University of Vermont
Burlington, Vermont
September 10, 2022
(University of Vermont versus Harvard University in men’s soccer – final score: Vermont 2, Harvard 1.)

9 Likes

I live in a beautifully dramatic place. When the light is right it is easy to take images.

12 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

How much post processing of that sunset image?

Not to much…:shushing_face::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Dedicated to @vkennedy61:

8 Likes