Photography

I just had my old XT-1 converted to full spectrum. This photo was one of the first shot with a 720 nm IR filter (the only filter I have) I’m excited to try this out when there are leaves on the trees in bright sunlight!

9 Likes

9 Likes

13 Likes

4 Likes

That photo reminded me of the time my wife and I were hiking the trail to Grotto Falls lugging my view camera. We noticed some mighty odd looking animal poop floating in the stream and wondered what in the world dropped that?? We rounded a bend and came face to face with a pack of llamas that were hauling supplies up the Trillium Gap Trail to LeConte Lodge. Never been so surprised in my life on the trail. I had no idea they were using them for pack animals in the park

1 Like

I had llamas and and alpacas for over 20 years. Neat critters.

Llamas can pack up to around 125 pounds. They are allowed in Federal parks where horses are not as llamas have soft paded feet which do not tear up trails as hooves do.

1 Like

And that’s why you don’t drink directly from the stream!

1 Like

Chris Stapleton “Tennessee Whiskey” from the Traveller album comes to my mind.

Reading that sign I can understand why somebody who witnessed one of the listed events would drink a lot of it, besides, I like Jack.

1 Like

I too encountered the llamas on that trail many years ago a child hiking with my family. Your comment reminded me of this.

1 Like

The impressing thing about having animals over a certain size is the extent of land you need to own :wink:

Very true, although llamas and alpacas take less space then horses, for example.

You can have a lot of fun with that. Here is one I did years ago with my Canon 6D converted to 720.

You have to change your imagination for making IR shots as it records more absorbed light and not reflected light. In the proper situations you can see in to peoples skin.

12 Likes

The high contrast black and white results from IR is very cool. Really cool shot. I am looking forward to summer.

1 Like

Yours is full spectrum so you have more variations to play with. Enjoy.

Grandson in front of the B-2 at the Wright Patterson air museum.

15 Likes

LP Huntress and I was there some years ago…

11 Likes

I’ve never been there, but your photos remind me of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles Airport in D.C. - Packed to the gills with interesting planes (and spacecraft, including one of the Shuttles)

8 Likes

Back in my hippie days…ha

9 Likes

IM000878

IM000875

IM000870

8 Likes

well, since airplanes have flown in…

here is a self portrait, slr camera on wingtip, cable to cockpit, pull to vertical about 7 am for best sun, click (over Presque Isle at Erie, PA, 1993)

BTW, self designed/built, kevlar skin, graphite spars, steel tube fuselage, tricked-out 540 cu in engine, empty weight 1,065 pounds, thrust exceeded weight

one of the aerobatic planes I helped improve, an Extra from Germany, is hanging in the Smithsonian

as for warbirds, generally WWII aircraft, I have flown the P52, T28, T6, and Stearman

13 Likes