Photography

Then I just need to get up very early so there can be night frost walking the tree lol

5 Likes

6 Likes

Very crisp images and nicely done too.

1 Like

8 Likes

Hubbard glacier 1991

More love Michael

4 Likes

Red Tail Hawk looking for lunch.

6 Likes

Cooper’s Hawk in a staredown contest eight feet from my window.
Image is not that sharp due to shooting through double pane windows.
NYC has quite a large number of resident hawks, falcons and even the occasional bald eagle.

8 Likes

Old wood by our castle

4 Likes

4 Likes

What? you didn’t know we had castles in NYC? :grinning:
Belvedere Castle was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux in 1867–1869.
This photo was taken across the lake in the adjoining Ramble, literally a stone’s throw from the Delacorte theater.

Contrasting seasons… shot from the castle terrace overlooking the theater and the Ramble, to the right of it.

The lake often features, Herons, Cormorants, cranes, various ducks, geese, turtles and the odd, but not rare, coyote. Mind you, they are always on the lookout for hawks and falcons, who reside in the exclusive properties surrounding the park. They have a better address than most of us. And what a view!

4 Likes

The recent fires reminded me of the fires back home a few years ago.

5 Likes

Watagua Lake in Carter County TN

10 Likes

Nice, more love Michael

Ghosttown - There was a strong storm last night …

7 Likes

From October 2019 … A famous castle in Germany ( Wartburg) - Where a reformer resided

more love Michael

5 Likes

Last day on MC … it’s going to be winter

5 Likes

In the years 1595-1600, Duke Hans the Younger carried out a thorough rebuilding of the old Skt. Jørgens Kapel - and in 1649 it was named Skt. Marie Kirke.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Long-term exposure of a small stream / waterfall lol

3 Likes

4 Likes