Photography

14 Likes

Wonderful shot!

1 Like

Ethereal and captivating comes to mind when looking at this.
Really great shot.

13 Likes

That kitty looks like a fine mouser!!!

1 Like

That kitty has the ultimate look of cool going on.

1 Like

Red “knows” something, but he ain’t tellin.’

5 Likes

Minus 10 degrees cold

6 Likes

Of course we have electricity and water — our society works

4 Likes

Love the light color they chose to illuminate the bridge. It’s a good facsimile of Low Pressure Sodium light but modern with real color rendering.

3 Likes

hear hear! in uk many local authorities they are moving rapidly over to LED.
all well and good only it is bright garish white, and not built with any regard for light pollution.

in the days of sodium light at least astronomers could filter out the specific tight wavelength it produced, now it is literally “whiteout”.

1 Like

Modern LED light is a color temperature design choice problem in my experience (high color temps, blue, are modestly more efficient). Color rendering is getting really good. They do need to make more widely available warm dim LEDs. However, we’re getting close to making the LED source extremely good. And its inherent energy savings is a miracle.

3 Likes

I have seen some good ones, and I know some or other art gallery recently commissioned a custom LED system to mimic daylight, they were custom emitters with (IIRC) 5 rather than 3 wavelengths.
It is not easy to simulate correct colour balance using an R G and B tight wavelength mix, and it won’t work the same for everyone’s eyes.
Broad spectrum incandescent is really is hard to beat but note my house is all LED, I don’t need correct colour balance at home and the savings are worthwhile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Halogen incandescent PAR lighting will always be the standard for me. I have 5-PAR 20s, in fairly cheap recessed can enclosures in my kitchen, I can see them now. They are dimmed low and cast an absolute perfect orange that matches the color of the sun setting behind my shoulders. I will not replace them with LEDs!

2 Likes

We also use yellow light in our street lamps, it does not attract insects

2 Likes

I shot this in 2012 on a quiet Sunday during a work trip.

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes