Photography

4 Likes

Good morning

6 Likes

So refreshingly pretty! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Hey pikpen…great collection…and there are 2 items begging restoration
and useage…Your 2 Heathkits…Over on the Emotiva Lounge “Boomzilla”
has 2 fleasized Heathkit monoblocs… and apparently deliver the goods in ways
some of the new electronics don’t…He reviews gear at Secrets to Hometheater
using his real name Glenn Young.

So if your Heathkits have not been running…might be good to make them your next
project!!

Thanks for showing us your office!!!

I recapped the AA-40 amp a few years ago and powder coated the cage which was starting to corrode. The base was in great shape. So it works, but I could not get one channel to bias quite right. I might replace the resistors one day. Or it might be the tubes - I believe they are the original 1961 parts. I have yet to tackle the tuner or preamp. Y’know if a guy didn’t have to waste two thirds of his life Workin & SLEEPIN I could get more fun projects done… I have some ESL-57s I would like to run this system thru. I rebuilt one pair years ago & has been a shop speaker for years. Kind of a wasted location for those but they certainly do some sonic jobs simply better than anything else can. A 2nd pair is on that to do list. Great condition, just needs some TLC. I just love the look of the AJ-30 tuner. Looks like the dashboard of a 50s car… I got the Heathkit amp, pre-amp, Tuner, a pair of jensen Flexair 3 way speakers and the guts of a rek-o-kut turntable on a craigslist steal - $40 for the whole package! SCORE!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Sunrise in upper east tennessee

5 Likes

It’s a little windy and it’s low tide here

4 Likes

Listening to music till 3am and an 8:30am start time and it was 3 degrees C, so had to take a few swings. Amazed I could hit a barn door.

1 Like

It was a nice day, but windy, here in upper east TN

1 Like

My old single pane front room window is 5’8" wide by 4’6" tall with a 19" by 4’6" opening window on each side. The old farmhouse is circa 40s? 50s? It was old when my Dad bought it in 1972. It has always had vertical ripples in the glass which are getting more warped each year. When you look at an object through the glass and move your head the image turns into a carnival mirror. I’d always wanted to capture it so I ran my Nikon P610 along the glass and tried to stay pointed at a target. It gives you a pretty good idea what it is like. It is a neat old piece of glass. A bit hard on the heating bill!

3 Likes

Tried some moon shots

9 Likes

I have seen the spider before… in big

I’ve just been watching golf for a few days…

https://www.masters.com/index.html

I hope you can get out traveling again soon

on the way to Evighedsfjord, Maniitsoq

more love Michael

1 Like

Three walking trips planned, one in the Peak District, one on the Isle of Skye and one in Norfolk, where we shall probably be walking across the road to the pub. No longer going to Western Greenland.

2 Likes

This looks like a collaboration from directors Tim Burton and
Guillermo del Toro; something fanciful and yet utterly menacing.

Mad Max territory

5 Likes

Where dat?

Where Dat at?