Please post when pre-ordered shipments begin

Since we’re running out of December soon, I thought it would be fair to ask for an update on the status. Nobody wants them to go out before most of the bugs are ironed out, but inquiring minds want to know…

Many, many of the DMP preorders have shipped. A passel yesterday, another today. We should have all preorders out this month as promised.

I received notification that I’m getting mine on Tuesday. Merry Christmas to me!

I got mine today, December 15th. 4_gif

My Memory Player arrived this morning (12/15/2016)! I’ve been burning it in all day. Very preliminary impressions, top end was a bit bright and the low end was somewhat loose, woolly, overly ripe and thick. But the mid-range and soundstage were amazing right out of the box with both Redbook and SACD.

I couldn’t wait until tomorrow, as planned, to resume listening. So, I returned to my dedicated listening Room after about 8 total hours of burn-in. The loose low-end had already tightened up and the top-end brightness had already been greatly reduced.

But, already I’m shocked by the Redbook improvement, over my Perfect Wave Transport. As for SACD, shocking performance. I’ll reserve further comments until later (perhaps after 36 hours of total burn-in, or so). More to come…

One thing is certain, I’ve just removed the top protective cover. Absolutely, no way will this son of a gun be returned! smile

Pre-ordered on Nov 1 and received mine today (East Coast). I think it shipped last Monday.

tubesrule said ...As for SACD, shocking performance. I'll reserve further comments until later (perhaps after 36 hours of total burn-in, or so). More to come...
"shocking performance.." really? waiting for your elaboration on that one.

tubesrule said My Memory Player arrived this morning (12/15/2016)! I've been burning it in all day. Very preliminary impressions, top end was a bit bright and the low end was somewhat loose, woolly, overly ripe and thick. But the mid-range and soundstage were amazing right out of the box with both Redbook and SACD.

I couldn’t wait until tomorrow, as planned, to resume listening. So, I returned to my dedicated listening Room after about 8 total hours of burn-in. The loose low-end had already tightened up and the top-end brightness had already been greatly reduced.

But, already I’m shocked by the Redbook improvement, over my Perfect Wave Transport. As for SACD, shocking performance. I’ll reserve further comments until later (perhaps after 36 hours of total burn-in, or so). More to come…

One thing is certain, I’ve just removed the top protective cover. Absolutely, no way will this son of a gun be returned! smile

happy-132_gifgoofy-heart_gifmusic-078_gif

Have all of the launched DMP’s got the latest firmware onboard, meaning that any magazine reviews will not contain a lot of complaints about an ‘unfinished product’?

Frode said Have all of the launched DMP's got the latest firmware onboard, meaning that any magazine reviews will not contain a lot of complaints about an 'unfinished product'?
Mine arrived with the latest firmware this week.

Picked-up mine from my local FedEx office this afternoon. Had her hooked-up to my PS Audio DSD and plugged in to my P-10 then proceeded to initialize (she has the lastest, 1.94) by 3:30 this afternoon. I waited about six hours to enjoy my new player. I’m listening to her now, I’m impressed so far, even with next to no hours on her.

Great job Paul and gang,

Mark

Thanks guys! Yes, everything shipped has the latest firmware.

What is the backlog like? When might new orders ship?

Are firmware revisions still underway?

Backlog is big. We’ll likely have a few small tweaks to the firmware over time. Nothing soon.

Received DMP yesterday. Yea! Merry xmas to me, Merry xmas to me! Could not wait to put it in the system.

Unit sounds great and compared to my current OPPO 105 has show more detail at least on red book CD's.

Interested to compare red book CD with SACD of the same artist.

Thanks PS Audio Team for this product!

Paul McGowan said Backlog is big. We'll likely have a few small tweaks to the firmware over time. Nothing soon.
So Paul,are you saying the DMP is ready for prime time although there are still reports of some functional issues?

Received mine yesterday. (Though without prior email and delivered at home – all prior PS Audio delieveries have been to work address – but this worked out gret). Merry Christmas to me. It was super-thoughtful of me to get this; just what I wanted. Fired it up right away and have been playing it pretty solidly since. Very impressed with the sound and has worked flawlessly for me. So, yeah, it’s ready for prime time.

One question – I haven’t found any indication of what the snap-on ferrite core is for. The HDMI Cable? I think once it goes on it’s not coming off, so I thought I should ask. Also, I have a PS Audio I2S -10 cable that I have been using between my PWT and DS Dac. Is the included cable supposed to be an improvement or is it just something to try and see?

trey said

One question – I haven’t found any indication of what the snap-on ferrite core is for. The HDMI Cable? I think once it goes on it’s not coming off, so I thought I should ask.

According to the owners manual the ferrite core is for the network cable.

The regulation folks made us do it. Throw that thing away.boxing_gif

Who makes you do what?