Post Huron Upgrade Small Issue

This is a minor issue but prior to the Huron upgrade when I played music through the network bridge using Roon the Directstream would automatically detect the input and switch to the Bridge. Post Huron I now need to manually select the bridge input. Was this intentional or any plans to revert back to the auto-switching functionality in the next update?

cheers

Andrew

Ted or Dennis are usually hot on the trigger in replying to these posts…

Since Huron update I have also experienced DSJ input switching issues.

With DMP connected to DSJ via I2S, MacBook connected via USB, and DSJ input select = auto. If I’m listening to DMP and then turn it off, the DSJ is not auto-switching to the MacBook on the USB (DSJ does not appear in OSX SystemPreferences>Sound). If I change DSJ input select = USB, the MacBook is still not detected. The only way DSJ will see the MacBook on USB is if I reboot DSJ. Input switching behaviour prior to Huron did not behave like this.

I think that only Dennis can help here. The auto input select in the FPGA is completely agnostic about which input is which, (with the caveat I’ll mention in a bit) so input select acting differently when switching between different combinations of active and inactive inputs probably isn’t something the FPGA is involved with. The one way that this is wrong is that some devices keep sending a non-zero value when they are paused or stopped - this can keep the DS from switching away from them. Except for that any problems in auto input select have to be UI related problems (it can override the input select that the FPGA would otherwise do.)

Still the comments about the MacBook are confusing to me: The USB input doesn’t know anything about input select - i.e. there’s not even a wire going to the USB port from anything that knows about which input is selected - hence I don’t know how the MacBook would change it’s behavior depending on which input is selected or the order of input selection. It’s more likely that the MacBook is timing out or something like that and/or there’s a ground loop issue with the DMP that’s causing the USB port to wedge.

It sounds like the USB is getting jammed up somehow. Reloading Huron might help with the issue.

Dennis

Ted Smith said

…Still the comments about the MacBook are confusing to me:…

The DSJ input switching behavior prior to Huron was well known to me via Ted’s forum posts on this and my own experience. Now that I’m on Huron the DSJ input auto-switching behavior is fundamentally different. I do suspect I had a bad Huron upgrade because Yale sounds better, so maybe the auto input-switching behavior also got broken. I need to revert back to PP and then do Huron again. I do continue to wonder why upgrades for some owners run smoothly and behave as expected, but for others it’s problematic.

brodricj said
Ted Smith said ..Still the comments about the MacBook are confusing to me:...

The DSJ input switching behavior prior to Huron was well known to me via Ted’s forum posts on this and my own experience. Now that I’m on Huron the DSJ input auto-switching behavior is fundamentally different. I do suspect I had a bad Huron upgrade because Yale sounds better, so maybe the auto input-switching behavior also got broken. I need to revert back to PP and then do Huron again. I do continue to wonder why upgrades for some owners run smoothly and behave as expected, but for others it’s problematic.

Hello,

If you continue to have these issues after you re-load Huron please reach out to us at service@psaudio.com.

We’ll be glad to take care of you.

Thanks,

• Jeremy