Power indication on P3 display

Because the power reading on my new P3 seemed lower than expected I connected a power (active watts) meter ( +/- 3%) between the P3 and the wall socket. This read 125 watts ( not VA which was of course higher at 180). Using only the regenerated outputs, the indication on the P3 dispaly was 77 watts. We are working at 230 volts here in the UK but that should be irrrelevant to this reading.

Is this difference due to the power consumed by the P3 itself or very large errors in the displayed reading

Erringham said Because the power reading on my new P3 seemed lower than expected I connected a power (active watts) meter ( +/- 3%) between the P3 and the wall socket. This read 125 watts ( not VA which was of course higher at 180). Using only the regenerated outputs, the indication on the P3 dispaly was 77 watts. We are working at 230 volts here in the UK but that should be irrrelevant to this reading.

Is this difference due to the power consumed by the P3 itself or very large errors in the displayed reading

What is the reading from the external meter when nothing is plugged into the outputs of the P3? or even if you just turn them off completely.

Is it around 48 watts?

I think you might be correct to assume it is the actual draw from the P3 itself but I would think that would increase as you load it more and more.

P3 indicates load on the output, not load coming out of the wall socket it’s connected to. These things are about 90% efficient, so the load on the power point (which you have measured) is always going to be more than the load on the output (which is indicated by P3 display).