Power outage

When there is a transient power outage from ComEd, everything electrical in the house goes out. When power is restored, I have to restart my computer, reset oven timers etc. However, the PS system, PWT, BHK 250, BHK Preamp, DSD and P5, boots up - eg comes back to full function instead of stand by mode even though the system goes through Tyce Surge protector to the wall outlets. This can be a real problem when I travel such that I shut the PS system down. My Marantz system which is also on standby returns to that state
Why does this happen and is there any way I can prevent it?
Mike W

Unplug it. To be more clear unplug the P5, and the amp, if not plugged in to the P5.

The P5 should give you an email when a power outage happens. In this case you can log into your P5 globally and shut down the powered loads.

Also, I think that PS Audio should consider an initial power-on mode setting, e.g. all circuits OFF during initialization (i.e. activate holiday/traveling mode).

Guys - appreciate the feedback - but does not really answer the question - why do the PS products reboot after a power outage and is there a solution to stop it happening. Anyone there from PSA can provide some insight?

Mike

I assume they default to on as power off/power on is the boot sequence for loading new firmware.

The solution, as already described and you have already determined, is to physically switch the equipment off, an easy painless fix. I appreciate it is a tiny bit of bother.

Michael said Guys - appreciate the feedback - but does not really answer the question - why do the PS products reboot after a power outage and is there a solution to stop it happening. Anyone there from PSA can provide some insight?

Mike

The Power Plants are designed to come back to life after a power outage. That’s been normal from day one and there’s no way to turn that off - we assume if the Power Plant is on and providing power that you would want it to continue doing the same even if the power goes out.

I am unclear about the other products - the BHK 250, for example, should boot up in standby but not on if it has power removed. Is this not happening?