Power Plant Premier turning on automatically after black out

I have a Power Plant Premier with all my components (dac, preamps, mono blocks, speakers…) hooked up to it. I’ve been very happy with the unit to date, both in its power re-conditioning capabilities, and the utilitarian convenience of being able to turn on everything with a simple push of a button on the PPP (or even remote!).

There is one concern though that I’ve now noticed a few times in the last 6 months. When I lose power to my house and the PPP is off, when the power is restored to my house, the PPP turns on automatically, and thus turns on all my components.

Is this a setting I’m not aware of (auto restart, for instance), a known issue, or something wrong with my Power Plant Premier?

While seemingly not a huge problem since I know it happens and can just turn off the PPP when I lose and regain power, it does concern me a little because of the tube amps. If I were out of town, I’m not thrilled with the idea of eight KT120 tubes running hot for days at a time.

Any help here? Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist!

No, that is what it was designed to do. The Power Plants are meant to be on all the time. When power is lost to them, they turn off, of course, then when power returns they politely turn back on as if nothing had happened.

Mine turn on as well. I accordingly turn off my PowerPlants when I will be gone for any significant amount of time.

Paul McGowan said

No, that is what it was designed to do. The Power Plants are meant to be on all the time. When power is lost to them, they turn off, of course, then when power returns they politely turn back on as if nothing had happened.

Thanks for the quick response, Paul. That obviously explains why it turns on after a power outage. From reading some of your posts, I believe you are a proponent of leaving audio equipment on, which would explain why the PPP was designed this way. I probably would be ok with leaving my equipment on all the time as well if it were only solid state.

I don’t suppose there is an internal jumper or switch to prevent it from powering on after power loss?

Love your Paul’s Posts, btw. Very interesting reads.

Elk said

Mine turn on as well. I accordingly turn off my PowerPlants when I will be gone for any significant amount of time.

How are you turning them “off”? Do you unplug it? My unit is not powered on (using the blue button on the front) but just plugged in when it starts up after a power loss. I am not aware of any other “off” function.

Thank you both for your responses!

The newer PowerPlants have a power switch on the back. The PPP, as I recall, you have to unplug.