Probably a dumb question, but here goes: Does Sprout 100 come out of standby when it receives an active input?

I am really interested in the Sprout 100. I am looking to complete a fairly simple set up: a nice old Technics linear tracking record player; an NAD FM tuner; a optical output from a tv; and a pair of ELAC bookshelf speakers.

It looks like the Sprout 100 has an automatic standby (low power consumption) mode. Does it automatically activate to the input from the optical source when I turn on the TV? Since we would typically watch tv in the evening for an hour or so, it would be nice to be able to have it come on with the tv, instead of having to use the separate remote.

For reference to those of you younger folks, when I was a kid, I had to get up and walk to the tv, and back (uphill both ways), just to change the channel. I’m lazy now.

Tim (I’m new here)

1 Like

After consulting the manual, there is no mention of that feature being available. Also as a reminder, the sprout does not process Dolby Digital Inputs so remember to set your television audio output signal to PCM.

Howdy Tim, welcome to the forums :grin:

Sprout100 does not have an automatic standby - it only enters standby when you tell it to from the remote or by depressing the volume knob. That means you can leave the Sprout100 all the time, no need to mess around with the remote.

Power consumption when on and not playing is quite low, so it shouldn’t impact your energy usage in a major way.

I would just leave it, but if you do have to turn it on from the remote, is that difficult?
Don’t you have to adjust the volume anyway?
I get my video from an antenna, DVR, or Chromecast. Every channel seems to require a different volume setting. And on the non network channels, they still bump up the volume during commercials.

Thanks to all who have spoken up. It sounds like it does not do start up with/to the activating signal that is incoming, but it is not the end of the world to do some fiddling around when turning on the tv. Tim