Problem with mconnect player

I have a problem with the stability of mconnect (in combi with MinimServer). After approx. one hour of playing music (to the Bridge II) mconnect throws the notice “Invalid file location”.

Any ideas on a solution to this problem? I already sent mconnect the problem via e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

That’s not an Mconnect problem, per se. Try a reboot of your server or NAS. I use eSATA and just unplug\plug the drive and I am good to go again. I don’t know why I need to do this and it happens randomly. A reboot and restart of minimserver will reset the directory map. Hope that helps.

Thanks wglenn: but there is no need to reboot the NAS/Minimserver because restarting mconnect solves the problem.

FYI. PlugPlayer does not have the problem of “invalid file location”. However, Plugplayer has other problems (skipping tracks).

So in short, I still did not find a reliable UPNP player…

Have you tried a reboot anyway? It still sounds like a central problem since mconnect is interpreting the response that it get from the NAS. Connect has a few issues that I wish they would address, particularly that it shuts down all the time and needs to be restarted and that your choice of player defaults to the mobile device each time…argh. There is Linn Kazoo as well but I have been too lazy to futz with it.

In addition to having to reselect your source and renderer every time, mconnect in my system frequently takes its sweet time about locating B2. This is ironic since the same folks that did the Bridge software are responsible for this mconnect app. Often it takes 2-3 minutes. Last night it took 10 (well, I gave up after 10). Dennis, can you guys at PSA have a conversation about this with mconnect? It’s seriously annoying.

A while ago I bought the control point from Creation 5 Media. There was something about it that didn’t work quite right (I forget exactly now). But a month or so ago there was an update and it has been behaving itself ever since. It remembers your last source and renderer and picks up the Bridge promptly. This alone makes it worth $7 or whatever.

magister said ....mconnect in my system frequently takes its sweet time about locating B2. This is ironic since the same folks that did the Bridge software are responsible for this mconnect app. Often it takes 2-3 minutes. Last night it took 10 (well, I gave up after 10). Dennis, can you guys at PSA have a conversation about this with mconnect? It's seriously annoying.?....
Still happens, to a lesser extent, using JRiver. Been complaining about this for a while. With JRiver, unloading and reloading The program solves the problem - sometimes takes more than once. Happens maybe 10% of the times I load JRiver. Not a terrible problem but would be nice to never happen. I suspect a couple possibilities: Bridge II firmware, network multicast problem, or (on my network) Apple Extreme router and the way it handles, or doesn't handle, UPnP. In the Apple Extreme there's a way of using port Mapping Protocol but I haven't pieced that puzzle together yet.

Somehow mcontrolHD is way faster in finding the bridge than mconnectHD is. Same functionality (and more like internet radio) without the waiting part. Give it a try…

MControl definitely the way to go.

Having prob of late with mconnectHD advancing to next track sometimes, controlling minimserver on Synology NAS, never had until a month ago, anyone else ? Kazoo no prob.

And is mcontrolhd available as an iPad app, can’t find in store ?

Search for mconnect control in the appstore :wink: