PS Audio AirLens

I suffer horrible sellers remorse.

4 Likes

I don’t suffer from sellers remorse but rather the current PayPal policies allowing what amounts to “free trial” periods for buyers and the sorry state of the US shipping industry make it easier to just put excess gear in the “box room” rather than risk the aggravation for anything of value.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m done with the Pink Faun. It is a highly respectful piece of gear. Like my boxed up Signature Rendu. I’m not getting rid of it either.

2 Likes

You can’t use both and there is a reason you bought a new server. So why not make somebody happy who is willing to pay into your Gryphon Apex fund?

Think it’s more rewarding than cleaning the dust of a piece of equipment you don’t use. Just trying to help you fighting the syndrome.

Separation anxiety.

5 Likes

@aangen This may be useful: Hoarders on A&E Application :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Al, just buy 2 of everything; then when you sell 1, you will have the second to keep you company forever.

4 Likes

You sold the Holo May KTE Dac quicker than …

2 Likes

… quicker than a bunny eating through a Dragon?

4 Likes

That one was easy. No separation anxiety with the May Placebo Edition.

I wish I could get the time back I spent listening to it.

I have only sold one piece of PS Audio gear, my PWT. It made the buyer very happy which is nice. And now I am left with just the Jay’s Audio transport and the PST to help take the sting out.
No more selling PS Audio gear for me.

9 Likes

Any ideas on what the Airlens price range will be?

1 Like

I think in previous posts here the Airlens should be in the 2k area, however I believe the longer they push the release dates out on the Airlens and DS MKII the more expensive they will be.

1 Like

We are probably looking at $1,800 or so as best I can tell at this moment.

8 Likes

Paul can you include the ability to mount a Dropbox folder, in addition to Qobuz and Tidal?
This would allow us to stream our own libraries given the lack of External USB drive connection. I used this function in the past with older streaming solutions and it worked v3ery well.

magicknow

Smart to price cheaper than the $2,100 Lumin U1 mini, which decodes MQA, goes to DSD256, and has a rock-solid proven streaming interface and long history of quality with the brand as a leader in streaming. Tough competition.
https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-u1-mini.html

1 Like

That would be awesome Paul😎

1 Like

Thanks Paul, that’s a great value proposition!

The U1 Mini is very nice and loaded with features, but sound quality wise it didn’t exceed the bridge ii when tested. The U1 (with its external ps) was a massive jump in sound but very pricey. If the Airlens improves sound to a point somewhere in the middle of those 2 units and is around $1800 (even if lacking a few features) I think there’s a market for that myself included.

Sold!

5 Likes

Hi @Paul. Great to know the likely price range! With this development, are you getting closer to being able to say what the outputs of the AirLens are likely to be (other than I2S being confirmed)?

2 Likes