PS Audio Direct Stream DAC vs Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Hi Tony,
How are you utilizing the regenerators in your system?
Thanks

Good morning!

I have two dedicated 20a lines in my stereo room, one P20 will be connected to each. This is my initial thoughts on how I will ā€˜spread the loveā€™, once I get them in and see how much capacity is being used I may switch the components around to even the load.

First P20:

1. Simaudio Moon Rock (4kW @ 2ohm)
  2. 1600w Gaming PC -by far going to be the biggest power draw
  3. DSD Sr.

Second P20:

1. Simaudio Moon Rock (4kW @ 2ohm)
  2. 4kW Sub Amp
  3. McIntosh C1100
  4. PC Monitor

The P15 is going into my home theater room, I have a crazy 19 speaker Dolby Atmos set-up in there. It will power:

1. TV
  2. Denon X8500h Reciever
  3. Three BelCanto REF 600m Monoblocks
  4. NAD m27
  5. Xbox One X
  6. PS4 Pro
  7. Cable Box

That sounds like an awefull lot of stuff for the P15 but all the amps are Class D except the Denon X8500H which I am using to only power the ceiling speakers so it shouldnā€™t be that bad.

Cheers,

Tony

Yup that should do the trick :star_struck:
I thought my theatre was trick with 9 speakers and 4 x 15" subwoofers.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Tony,
Congrats on the C1100. I have been looking at the Mac preamp (C52 or C2600) and BHK pre to pair with my DS Sr. DAC and MC611s mono. I have yet to audition them, but my initial though was that there would be more synergies with Mac preamp. I did not consider the C1100 at first due to costā€¦but life is too short :grin: Would love to hear more of your impressions on the C1100.

Great that you add the P20s/P15. Will you be adding power cords from the regenerators to the outlet? I have recently added the Shunyata Alpha NR and like it.

What would be the point of pluging in all the gaming gear, cable box, PC monitor etc - even the sub amp seems like a bit of overkill into a P20/15.

1 Like

I am running Pangea Audio AC 9SE MK II in my amps currently and I bought two more for the PS20s. In the future I will upgrade to Audio Art Statement ePlus Power Cables, I currently run Audio Art Statement speaker cables and interconnects. Rob is a good guy and makes quality cables:

https://audioartcable.com/

As I spend more time with the C1100 I will be sure to update you with my impressions!

-Tony

The same reason you would plug audio gear into it, clean power. AC noise can affect video performance as well and you donā€™t want your video components (sources) to be the weak link in the chain. At the very least if you donā€™t believe there is an appreciable benefit to clean AC in video products, stable power will certainly increase their lifetime.

-Tony

2 Likes

Maybe - thatā€™s a lot of dough for stuff that could be plugged into a Home Depot power strip.

I have a regenerator by myself so Iā€™m a believer just would never use it on disposable toys like gaming gear.

Sounds good. Do let us know what you find when they are hooked up.

Paul McGowan | CEO
800-PSAUDIO

Boulder, Colorado

1 Like

Yeah, but if I have the capacity with the P20/P15 why not? Donā€™t get me wrong, audio takes priority but if I still have the overhead to hook up additional components- it would be a wasted opportunity not to otherwise.

5 Likes

I agree. 2016 65" Vizio mid line 4k HDR display took a nice jump up in picture quality on my P10.

1 Like

I have a McIntosh C2600 preamp, and love it. Incredibly quiet and extremely musical. The C1100 is On my bucket list.

1 Like

For all those following my impressions of the P20s and P15 have been posted in a separate thread here: