PSA $600 Speakers?

In his ask Paul question on Oct. 5 concerning DAC’s, Paul mentioned that they are working on $600 speakers that would match up well with the Sprout. Does anybody know anything more about these speakers?

Still in the works. Here’s a rough picture of the cabinet and empty drivers. Ignore the cabinet behind Sprout Speaker.

Paul, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I discovered your ask Paul and Paul’s daily posts about a year ago, and I really enjoy them! I love the way that you and PS Audio work, and I wish that more companies were as open as yours. Most PSA gear is above my price range now, but I wanted to support you and I did get two of your power cables. I am very interested in this new speaker. Please keep us up to date! Do you have an estimate for when it might be available? Thanks. Matt

Thanks, Matt. Not at this moment. The second round of prototypes are on their way to us now and we have a lot of work to do designing the crossover. Hopefully we can see a finished version this year and production next year.

Thanks, Paul. I will eagerly await news! I live in North Carolina and don’t get out to the west often, but I sure would love to visit PSA and listen to your IRS speakers!

You’d be most welcome.

Wow Paul, that looks like some downright incredible build quality for 600 bucks :astonished:

Nice wood finish and lots of aluminium. A massive die cast basket for the bass driver and something that looks like an AMT tweeter? Haven’t seen anything like that in that price range ever. Impressive value for money.

If you can achieve a similar value for money with the AN1, AN2 and AN3 … damn :grinning:

Keep it up! Wish you the best!

We’re trying, sir. Giving it our best shot. Thanks for the kind words.

Paul

Have you considered a version which incorporates electronics? It seems like the Sprout100 and this speaker could make a very nice combination and leverage your companies expertise on the electronics side of things.

Keywords - “Phase Coherent?”

Is there any advantage to the sound stage and imaging when a speaker is not phase coherent?