PWD Bridge no seen anymore

Hi there,

My PWD bridge is not seen anymore since a week. Done all I could think about:

Reload firmware (don’t think it worked)

Removed bridge then started PWD then bridge back in position then started again : no bridge

PWD and Bridge have the latest firmware installed

looking inside : 5 red LED on and one LED Blue on on the bridge

I dowloaded something called directstream bridge rescue but don’t know if it would work with PWD and don’t want to screw-up the PWD

Anything to do to revive the bridge ?

Thank you in advance

Léo from France

There are PWD Bridge rescue files but they don’t seem to be posted any more. I would not use the DS Rescue files without checking to see if they are OK with the PWD, although I suspect they should be. Somebody on the forum may be able to answer that. If not, I suggest you contact PSA tech support (e.g., call Alex) and they should be able to help you.

stevem2 said There are PWD Bridge rescue files but they don't seem to be posted any more. I would not use the DS Rescue files without checking to see if they are OK with the PWD, although I suspect they should be. Somebody on the forum may be able to answer that. If not, I suggest you contact PSA tech support (e.g., call Alex) and they should be able to help you.
Thank you Steve, I contacted Alex and I am waiting for his answer.

In the meantime can someone confirm that the Directstream bridge rescue would work for the bridge in a PWD?

If someone has a link to the PWD bridge rescue files, please let me know.

do you think there is a danger of damaging my PWD if I try ?

Thank you in advance

Léo from France

If I understand correctly, the Bridge rescue procedure is designed for situations where you try to upgrade the Bridge firmware and something happens (power goes off in the middle of the process, for instance) that results in a non-functional unit. It is not designed for general network/connection issues. I would await Alex’s answer before trying the Bridge rescue, even if you do get a link to the files.

One thing that sometimes helps is resetting the UPnP server, which you can do from the Bridge webpage. I notice, though, that you removed and reinstalled the Bridge, which would probably have the same effect, but I’m not sure; wouldn’t hurt to try. If you’ve never accessed the Bridge webpage, use your computer or a utility like Fing on a tablet to see a list of all the devices on your network; copy down the address that is assigned to the Bridge. Then open a new browser window and type the network address you identified; it will be a number like 192.168.0.1.

It sounds like the Bridge is not showing up at all. If it’s not showing up on the front panel or the web page then it’s more than a network issue and the Bridge rescue may help. But talk to Alex first (if necessary call him on the phone–emails can pretty get backed up).

The bridge is back !

I have tried the bridge rescue procedure and it has appeared on the network after around 20 minutes.

Still not sure if it the USB file that did it because when I plugged the USB key and turned on the the PWD, It did not show any kind of “setup” or “recovery” screen. Just the normal one. The only thing I am sure : before plugging the USB key the bridge was not seen, and after 20 minutes it was there, ready to work. Amazing PS Audio material !

Thank you to everybody who took time to help me, you are great Guys !!

I’m glad you got it working, whatever it was that “fixed” it.