PWD mkii with Bridge II - Noise when changing bitrates/hdtracks

Hi,

I have a Perfectwave MKii with Bridge II and I recently updated to the latest Bridge II fix as I was having issues reproducing 24/192 files.

Everything sounds ok now, but I do have a problem when I change between different quality tracks. It makes a “click” or “pop” through my speakers every time I go from different bitrates/kbps file to another. This also happens when I turn off the unit.

I am using the PWD dac as a preamp directly to my Parasound Halo JC1’s amps through balanced cables, and I also use the dac connected to a Cary Audio SLI-80 integrated amplifier and have the same issue.

I use the bridge connected to a Synology NAS and Bubble UPNP in my androir cel phone.

Should this be normal?

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language

Thanks,

Hi there

It is normal to hear a click when changing resolutions

Hi Magicknow,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I mean, I can hear sort of relay active inside the unit (dac) and I can understand this is normal, the noise is the same as when changing sources in the dac, thats why I assume is normal and kind of the noise of a relay switching.

But I do hear a click through my speakers, is this normal? Shouldn´t this be a noise that can cause any damage to the speakers?

Thanks in advance,