PWT - problems copying WAV files to DVD using Windows Vista

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I’ve looked and can’t find anything. I’ve just received my new PWT and have a hi-res album on my NAS, all tracks in WAV format, that I want to copy to DVD to play. I know these WAV files are ok because I can successfully play them via the Bridge in the DS.

I’m using an old Windows laptop running Vista. When I put a new DVD in the drive it prompts me to format it, which I do at USF 2.00. I then drag and drop the files into the root directory of the DVD, no cover art just music files, and it apparently copies it successfully to the DVD.

However, when I try to play it in the PWT it tries to read it and then gives the eorror message “invalid disk”. I’ve tried it on 2 DVD Rs, both exactly the same.

I’ve then followed the “how to” article for Vista, but the free NERO software is apparently limited to file sizes of 100M or less - The hi res files are all bigger than 100M so need to upgrade to a paid version of the software to copy bigger files. However, rather than pay for the software, I’d rather purchase a SuperDrive USD DVD drive for my MacBook as I understand you can just drag and drop successfully without special software (unless I want to create a compilation).

Any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong? Is there a particular type of DVD I need to use, or does drag and drop on Vista simply not work for this requirement?

Many thanks, Mike.

The probable issue is you need to burn with UDF Revision 1.02.

See, click

Elk, that seems to have cracked it - worked perfectly, listening now, thanks!

Mike.

Excellent.