Quote of the Day

9 Likes

“If the taxpayers of this country ever discover that the IRS operates on 90% bluff, the entire system will collapse” ~ Henry Bellmon

2 Likes

I submit that the IRS exists to finance the ultra wealthy. 95 to 99% of the US population are paying the bills to support their wealth.

Let’s not go there; audio site.

5 Likes

So, what music would you play when the IRS comes a calling?

I’m thinking Wagner’s Der Ring des Nibelungen.

Back to quotes?

1 Like

I agree—my post above was very much in jest!

Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them.” Richard Wagner

2 Likes

I like that quote, but everybody knows what music would be playing when the IRS comes calling.

Or if you prefer:

1 Like

Let me tell you how it will be. There’s one for you, nineteen for me. --The Beatles

3 Likes

There ya go. Well done.

1 Like

There is only one real deprivation, I decided this morning, and that is not to be able to give one’s gift to those one loves most. The gift turned inward, unable to be given, becomes a heavy burden, even sometimes a kind of poison. It is as though the flow of life were backed up.

Sarton, 1973

1 Like

In the U.S., we actually have a pretty progressive tax system.

Reportedly, in 2018, the top 1% of income earners earned 21% of all U.S. income while paying 40% of all federal income taxes; and the top 10% earned 48% of the income and paid 71% of federal income taxes.

No political points intended.

Regards.

Those facts are freakishly different from those I’ve read, (which I guess tells you something about the way things are nowadays right there) but I agree with Elk that this is not a discussion for an Audio Forum or a Quote of the Day thread.

2 Likes

Specifics matter. I am sure there are plenty of statistics about other aspects of income, corporate or otherwise, and wealth that can be cited to provide a different perspective.

Cheers.

Just to be clear, I liked dcm’s quote from the Beatles “Taxman” not because I think or was agreeing with prior posters that The Government is taking it all, but that it brought the thread back onto an actual Quote. And even better, a lyric.

Even as a kid/teen I was aware that that was supposedly about how as some of the top income earners in England at the time, they were taxed egregiously. Don’t think we’ve ever had taxation quite at the level they were experiencing in the '60s in England. But I could certainly be mistaken about that.

We did dump a bunch of their tea overboard as a result back in the day.

2 Likes

Time travel is real. You just don’t know it yet.

1 Like

Some of us do. :smirk:

2 Likes

That’s a good’un. Citation?

I hope I make it to then before I croak. Just so I know why I’m here now. Though I assume I must’ve been there before that happened🤷🏻‍♂️.

2 Likes

It’s from a movie on Netflix “The Adam Project”. It’s pretty much a fluffy movie to watch when you are pooped and don’t want to be challenged by a plot. It does have some reasonably decent sound effects and it’s in 4K HDR, so the picture is good too.

The best part was the quote.

The question for me is where to go on vacation? Or is it when?