Recording turntable audio with PS Audio Sprout

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to record records I play on my turntable through the PS Audio Sprout and into my computer directly? Or do I need an audio interface/mixer to do so. I will also be using a microphone to record as well. Thanks!

If you want to record at CD or better quality the answer is no not directly. If you just want to record at MP3 you could use the preamp out into the microphone input on your computer. You may need to find a program.

If you want to record at CD or better than you will need an analog to digital converter. Depending on your budget the cheapest ADC I know of is the HRS Linestreamer+ if you find one, I don’t think they make them anymore. They sold for $300 and you would need a program like Vinyl Studio to do the recording.

Another option would be to buy a PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter. You would plug your turntable into the NuWave and run the USB output to the computer. The thing is the NuWave even at closeout costs more than the Sprout.

Let us know what you are trying to accomplish recording and quality wise.

As for recording with a microphone, that is as simple as plugging into the microphone input on the computer and finding a program for recording. Your computer may have a a simple program that was included.