Remote control & Common Functions

I have both the DS Junior (about a year now) and the BHK PreAmp (about a day now). I ran into a minor problem with the Remote. The Balance button in the center of the remote, just above the PreAmp source settings, when pressed it causes the DS Jr to adjust its balance and not the PreAmp. I’d prefer if the PreAmp was used for Balance rather than the DS Jr. Is there a way to reset the Remote so it links the Balance button to the PreAmp instead.

Point of fact - I had the DS Jr for a year and am using the remote that it came with rather than the brand new one that came with the BHK PreAmp. I checked though and they are the identical pieces of hardware. So I’m guessing the Remote has somehow locked itself to the Jr for common functionality like Balance.

Thank you.

Hi rayk,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that you’re having this issue.,

The remote will adjust the balance of the last item who’s volume was adjusted.

If you wish to change the balance on the BHK Pre simply adjust it’s volume a little up and down.

Then the balance feature on the remote will work for the BHK Pre.

To revert just adjust the DAC’s volume and the balance will adjust the DAC’s balance.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

Jeremy,

Doing as you said, hitting the volume button on the remote and then hitting the balance, worked exactly as you said - balance adjustments via remote goes to the last volume change made with the remote. Problem solved. You might consider adding this little tidbit to the manuals.

Thank you!

Hi rayk,

You are right, there is not a mention of this in the manual.

We’ll make sure it is added in the next revision.

Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

The silver remote that is supplied with the DMP & BHK-pre units has multi-unit functionality (slightly more than the black plastic ones) but I haven’t found a way to switch off/dim the P10 touch screen - have I missed a button/function somewhere?

Cheers Frank

Hi Frank! On the black P10 remote it is the disp button. On the silver remotes it’s the sun icon button at the bottom right.

Cheers mate, Kevin

Hi Norton,

i tried your suggestion and I find that the sun :sunny:️ button on the silver remote doesn’t do anything on any component - I tried the DMP, the DSsnr, BHK-Pre and the P10. The sun :sunny:️ button is in a cluster grouped under “transport” - the track# buttons are also within this group and do work on the DMP.

THE ‘dim’ button at top right of the silver remote works on the DMP, DSsnr and BHK-Pre but not the P10.

Am I doing something wrong? Cheers. Frank

frank7036 said

Hi Norton,

i tried your suggestion and I find that the sun :sunny:️ button on the silver remote doesn’t do anything on any component - I tried the DMP, the DSsnr, BHK-Pre and the P10. The sun :sunny:️ button is in a cluster grouped under “transport” - the track# buttons are also within this group and do work on the DMP.

THE ‘dim’ button at top right of the silver remote works on the DMP, DSsnr and BHK-Pre but not the P10.

Am I doing something wrong? Cheers. Frank

Hi frank7036,

After trying all of the remotes we have with the P10 I can say that the Dim button on the current Silver remote does not function with the P10.

The P10’s brightness setting is set manually.

To make the screen go blank you can press the “Display” button on the Black, plastic remote that shipped with the P10.

The new P10 remote has a “Dim” button that will also make the P10’s screen go blank.

The new SIlver remote’s sun :sunny:️ button will illuminate the buttons so you can see them in a dark setting.

We put it down in the lower right corner of the layout so it would be easy to locate with the right thumb.

I hope this is helpful and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best wishes,

• Jeremy

Sorry Frank, I was going off memory and recalled using the black P10 as well as the Silver BHK Pre amp remotes to turn off the P10 display. Now, I use a Harmony remote to control all PS Audio products.