Resolution change muting.

I have the PWD II connected to a BDP-2 via AES at this point. When a resolution change is made ( say from 44.1 to 96 ) there is a 4 to 5 second muting of the signal. I am considering the DS and was wondering what happens when the DS sees a resolution change? Is there any muting at all? Does the fact that all inputs are output as DSD make this point moot ( not mute… Moot ).

Oddly enough, when I borrowed a BlueSound device and was forced to use toslink the switch from 44.1 to 96 was much faster. Weird!

Thanks, Rich

The DirectStream will transform all incoming signals to DSD. . . quietly, without any sign or signal to the listener. It’s a wonderful thing.

There is, however, quite a delay when loading DSD files (between the time the DSD title is selected and when said title begins to play)…As much as 10-seconds

timequest said There is, however, quite a delay when loading DSD files (between the time the DSD title is selected and when said title begins to play).......As much as 10-seconds
That's a "feature" of your playing program and/or the bridge. The DS doesn't take any time at all, ever, to change resolutions and/or bit widths... JRiver MC and foobar2000 can be configured to have no gap on cueing - the length of the cueing time when using the bridge is longer.