ROLLIN' YOUR OWN

Easy, Paul is (always) in a hurry and distracted. :) Yes, it would be nice if he would pay attention and read a bit more closely at times. Ever notice that he can disappear for days at a time? I am impressed at his level of participation in the forums as it is.

J.P.

Well, I wish I did as well. It's tough trying to cram everything into a day, but I manage. And yes, I sometimes catch something in a post and don't have the bandwidth to read the entire thread.

I figure it this way. Each of us has approximately 605,000 hours in our lives before we're done. We sleep about 1/3 of our lives so that leaves 400,000 available waking hours to be alive. Since easily half of our lives is spent on the lunacies of youth, the most productive time we have is now and that leaves perhaps 200,000 hours of life.

That's a lot, but at my age of 65 (going on 66) statistics would suggest I have only a third left if things go well. That leaves me perhaps 133,000 hours before I croak - but by that calculation I'd be 90 something, so let's imagine my productive life is only about half of that. That gives us about 4,000 more productive hours available to me and us.

I work 7 days a week doing what I love and being involved in these posts and with you all is part of that. I can't remember a day I didn't start out answering emails and forum posts. I spend 3 to 4 hours a day doing it, so I suppose it's logical I will miss a few posts.

Ahh, this is how an engineer views the world.
;)
Back to MG Audio cables, Paul. I thought you were using some very expensive Audioquest interconnects for Music Room One. Is it just the speaker wires you refer to?

Indeed I have a 50 foot custom pair of Audioquest balanced interconnects I am using between the sources and the amps. But everything else, the DAC to preamp, the amp to speakers are all MG Audio cables. They are quite simply stunning. The best I have ever heard.

86,400 That is the number of seconds in a day, but we still only get one at a time.

Paul, are you using the top-of-the-line silver cables?

@stevem2 Yup.