"Roon Five"

5 Likes

Roon keep finding interesting music:

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Not familiar with the AP or ZZ Top releases…will have to give them a “spin”…

Added a bunch of Strangefolk albums today. (Roon was being helpful with its recommendations.)

Band from mid-late 90s, led by vocalist/guitarist Reid Genauer, who was later a member of Assembly of Dust.

If you don’t know either of these bands, they’re jammy and tight with really fun songs (which are quite well-written IMO).

A great intro to Assembly of Dust is Tales from the Oregon Trail, a live album recorded in Portland in 2014.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 9.38.33 PM

2 Likes

Which of the Strangefolk albums that you’ve heard was the best in your opinion? I want to check them out.

I thought Weightless in Water was pretty good

Thanks. Queued.

holy crap, Skynyrd GBMB median value on Discogs is $18.50. :scream: (was $4.95 at my local shop… i’m pretty sure I have the right release there, but who knows.)

2 Likes

Great find!

Cheers.

If you have not had a chance to check out Octave Records’ latest release, “Nightmares”, by Gasoline Lollipops, it is definitely worth a listen.

SEE

3 Likes

2 Likes

Some eclecticism:

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like you found a new favorite artist…

Enjoy.

More miscellany (excited to have picked up the match to my Past Masters Vol. 2, Beatles “record”; but the 'Skynrd discs are bit of a mixed bag - some good classics well recorded are mixed in though):

5 Likes

5 Likes