"Roon Five"

haha, to be fair, I do have the mofi LP!

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Local library…

The Cordelia Williams is sublime. And the Schubertiade is pure magic…

Wayne Shorter is of course Wayne Shorter. What else is there to say?

2 Likes

so i did :upside_down_face:

Room for 500 more

12 Likes

Well done.

2 Likes

Yeah those are some nice looking shelves.

1 Like

so that stupid IKEA cabinet lamp mounted on top was maybe $15 last year. I need another for the new shelf, and it’s been discontinued. They’re now on ebay for $50. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I purchased a bunch of them, maybe 8, several years back when I expanded my storage system. I probably have a handful 4-5, that have yet to be installed, as they were purchased for future expansion. Work well for the price when they were available for $15, but I’m with you, at $50 I’d take a pass on them.

Anyone upgrade to Roon 2.0? I’m holding off for now.

Avoiding bugs for sure, but also I don’t really have a strong need/desire for remote access at this point.

4 Likes

I did.
No problems till now.
Have not noticed any real differences apart from the ARC function.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded. I have no plans to use ARC. To answer your question, I have not experienced any issues yet, but it’s only been about 3 hours of use so far.

1 Like

full disclosure: i also upgraded.

Was thinking about how much I’d use ARC, and initially I was thinking same as you. Not much.

But two scenarios presented themselves.

1. I do have a couple of playlists in roon that are comprised of tracks from my ripped cds, from qobuz and from tidal. One is a “romance” playlist that, if i were to try to play at my girlfriend’s place, I’d need to cobble it together from one or the other source, so it’ll be nice to have the one ready to go. The other is a playlist of songs my jam mates and I want to work up. So it’s nice that I can use ARC if away from my roon core to access the playlists.
  1. My SD card that I update with my library for the car is always a month or so behind my purchases. Plus, it’s a bit of a slog to reimport and convert all new files from FLAC to mp3. Now I don’t really have to do that. And, also, only one of my vehicles has an SD card slot.

Again, i don’t know that i NEED to have my entire library at the ready, but I’m admitting it’s kinda cool that I can.

Will be really nice if/when they have Apple Carplay integration.

Talk about seamless.

For me, it’s about cybersecurity. My roon core is on a windows server that stores all of my family’s digital photographs. I can simply play what I want directly from the Tidal app when away from home. Putting my media server on the internet to be attacked by all the miscreants out there is not worth the risk.

1 Like

i hear ya.

My roon core is on a mac mini that is ONLY used for roon core.

Perhaps, but your mac mini is on your network. Once connected, miscreants like to explore and jump to other devices connected to the network.

Just want to be sure that you understand that.

1 Like

yep, totally get it.

But ARC is specifying one port, and one port only. For roon only. And it needs your roon username and password to connect.

We do all kinds of things at coffeeshops and public internet places that are probably less secure.

But I get it.

2 Likes

See a lot of Dead. Nice job.

1 Like

yeah, my favorite music no question. I have most of Dick’s Picks, but would love to own the Dave’s set. Seen the complete collection on eBay for around $5000 – I’d need to be pretty whiskey’d up to pull that trigger! :crazy_face:

I was just about ready to purchase Spring 1990: The Other One in 24/192 when it vanished from Qobuz and HDtracks. I saw several of those shows and it was a great sounding period for The Dead. I’d like to know what caused the disappearing act.