Roon keeps stopping mid track - PerfectWave DS DAC (with Bridge II)

Three comments, FWIW:

1. I am far from qualified when it comes to technical issues related to IT information systems;
  2. That said, IME the speed, capabilities, measured performance of the network (i.e, technical specifications like how fast it runs, latency, etc.) are not usually an issue. Rather, the occurrence of “disconnections” or interruptions in the delivery of data and something I (probably, ignorantly) call loss of equipment “handshakes” have been an issue; and
  3. Mconnect/Mcontrol is really buggy (IME, terrible) control software. I abandoned it due to UI preferences and buggy performance issues a long time ago.

I hope this helps some.

By the way, RE: MConnect for future reference – make sure the control application you are using is “mconnectControl”. There is a variant out there that is the wrong application for use with the PS Audio Network Bridge cards. I have version 2.4.24 on my iPhone and it works, when it works. :slight_smile:

One more thought in closing – EVERYTHING seems to matter when it comes to network audio. So, if you have not done so already, please lay out your signal path in some detail (in terms of all of the different equipment handling and transferring your Ethernet AND Wi-Fi signal) for the forum denizens. Someone smarter than me may be able to identify “the fly in your ointment”.

Good luck.

1 Like