Roon through Bridge II

Hello all,

I have a PS Audio Directsream DAC, equipped with Bridge II. I have installed Roon on trial on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7.

It works fine through the USB connection, but not when I choose the Bridge input on the PS Audio DAC. I see the Bridge in Windows in the list of peripherals, and I got it to work in my trial JR River with files. But in Roon, whatever device I select only plays through USB, not ethernet. I am surprised because PS Audio is listed on the Roon website as a hardware partner.

What I am trying to do is to stream Tidal through Roon and the PS Audio ethernet connection on the Bridge II. I can just stream Tidal through USB, and use J River for files through the Bridge, without Roon, but would prefer to use Roon for files and Tidal through the Bridge.

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Currently Roon does not support network connectivity. You can stream Tidal using the Bubble upnp app for android.

Dennis

Thank you for your help, Dennis.

Phil

Can you provide an update of when we can expect PS Audio to make Roon Speakers available via ethernet on Bridge 2.

Thank You.

We are still waiting for information from Roon so we can determine if we can implement roon on the BridgeII.

Dennis

We’re actually a little closer than that - but not too much. As Dennis suggests, we’re still unable to determine if we have enough room to add it to the Bridge - but we’re closer to finding out now then we were a few months ago.

I hope you can confirm that the roon speaker SDK now is available so one can code it in and do some alpha testing?

It is available but we still haven’t been able to add it in to the bridge. It’s not so simple. We’re working on it.

Any update for us to be aware of enabling the Bridge II with Roon

We met with the developers of both our internal module and the principals at Roon at CES and much progress was made. When I went into that meeting is was 40/60 of it happening in my lifetime. I am now 60/40. We got a commitment for the module programmers to give it a go.

Fingers crossed.

Never heard you this sober before, Paul cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_gif4_gif

I think that Paul has learned the hard way what a quagmire software development can be.

Especially when you are forced to rely on the whims of another company.

Hope bridge module developers succeed in Roon protocol integration.

I’m on the way to buy a new DAC (and streamer) and considering DS capabilities (SQ, display) it might be the perfect device for me, but not if it still limited with only DLNA/UpnP protocol support.

Regards

Frode said Never heard you this sober before, Paul cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_gif4_gif
Scary, huh? Yeah, I've been burned too many times by the four letter word CODE. And, as pointed out, it gets worse as the parties involved are not under our control.

Sorry for including yet another variable. But is also HQPlayer and its recent marriage with Roon under consideration when discussing about the compatibility of the Bridge II and Roon?

ridom said Sorry for including yet another variable. But is also HQPlayer and its recent marriage with Roon under consideration when discussing about the compatibility of the Bridge II and Roon?
Yes but for me, only Roon protocol (RAAT) support, is needed for an enhanced User Experience.

So if DS turn to be “RoonReady” it’s perfect. HQPlayer Ready (NAA protocol) is another story.

Anyone heard an update on the Roon-Bridge II efforts