Snowmass DirectStream Sr. upgrade - Available in the Downloads Section

I’m probably missing something but the only question I haven’t seen answered already this morning is about the force loading of this release.

I’ll probably misstate things since I didn’t write the code and don’t have any documentation on it but here goes:

There are various flags in the LOADER.CFG file that control what happens when the system is powered up: one of them is just bash the system with the new files (even if the files might be from another product) - this is VERY BAD, don’t just start trying things in the LOADER.CFG - you could regret it.

There’s another flag that says to skip the upgrade if the version numbers match - that’s the way things are normally released.

Then there’s “the things have to be for the correct product but always load”… This is the way that the current Snowmass download is set (and the last Redcoud DS Jr download was set.)

All in all don’t mix up releases for different products (you can check to see if the set of file names are similar except for trailing numbers.) And if you system keeps doing the upgrade use a different SD card or erase the SD card.

5 Likes