Snowmass DirectStream Junior

Confused. I’m not sure how you got that out of my comment.
Firstly, this is a DSJ thread and you’re talking about the Senior. So logically if you have an issue with Senior then posting it in the general Snowmass thread makes sense, unless you’ve already done so. That way they can get feedback to make both the Senior and DSJ firmware work better for everyone.
By asking you do this, it doesn’t imply that I don’t care about the DSJ firmware. SInce I actually own a DSJ i am VERY interested in the firmware being right.

1 Like

There is no beta as far as I know for the DSJ at least not yet. The PS Audio guys might bypass that as the beta was about sorting out bugs.
Not that I care about the DSJ firmware of course :hugs:

1 Like

I would not look for SM for DSJ until at least a week from Friday. THIS IN NO WAY means I’m predicting it WILL be released in a week or so - it could take longer. The PIC code is not done, and it is a major holiday here in the US - most are off until Monday.

I have one of the compiles on my DSJ, but that is only because I’ve been helping Darren evaluate them. We don’t know if it is the winner yet, though I would be happy with this one. The PIC code needs more work. When that is debugged, AND Paul and Darren pick a winner, AND that gets married to the PIC code without issues, then it will be released.

2 Likes

Are you saying that December 7th is the earliest we should hope for?

He’s saying I Know NUH-Think!!. Sorta.

I am saying that in my partially educated and partially informed guess, that we should not expect it to be any particular time at all, because not even the PIC code writer or Darren have the ability to predict the future. But the compiles have been gone through at least once (I have heard all 20), the PIC code has been written, debugged and is being re-written, after which it will need to be checked again, etc., etc.

It’s still Thursday, Thanksgiving Day here (for another half hour), and a week from Friday is the 30th. I’m saying that my educated/informed GUESS is that there is not a great likelihood that it could be ready for release before that date. And since I don’t have a crystal ball either, it could turn out to be later. So the 30th is not any sort of prediction, just a suggestion that we keep expectations in check.

1 Like

I just received the happy horseshit firmware update Mr. B. So far it really,really stinks to high heavens…:crazy_face:

I Know, Right?? I haven’t done it previously, but I may have to start keeping a Library of Peaks on thumb drives atop my DSJ so I can swap depending upon mood and music genre.

I’m finding that HH is a Natural for Funk, Reggae and Jam Bands generally : )

Edit: BTW, many in this thread may not know what we’re referring to. (It is a reference to the Random Happy Horseshit thread).

1 Like

No, it’ll be out well before that. Hoping for next week. Because of the T-Day holidays we got set back but Monday we’re back at it. PIC code’s nearly there.

8 Likes

Thanks Paul, et al.

Thanks Paul! I find myself more than a little excited after reading all the rave reports on the DS Sr thread regarding Snowmass. While troubleshooting at work I occasionally have to reboot a user interface computer. Due to the extraordinarily large help file the process can take from 7 to 12 minutes. Customers become impatient and I have to remind them A Watched Pot Never Boils, Patience Is A Virtue, and best of all and applicable here, Good Things Come To Those Who Wait! The sayings of what seems like a by gone era all come into play. Pardon me for sounding like a kid in the back seat “Are we there yet?”. Thanks again for all you do, Ted and the team as well.

3 Likes

As Paul (Simon) said, you can call me al, if you like. ; )

It’s all Greek to me…

I thought it was Latin…

Did you need to get all Etymological on my ass? :sweat_smile:

Et Tu, …Beef?

touché

:joy::joy:

Seriously - props…those were both laugh-out-loud funny. Thanks!

How is this 6th on the DAC forum list? Where is the excitement and anticipation from the DSJ owners? Any feedback from beta testers. I feel the need to post just to put this back on the top of the list :slight_smile: