Sprout100 newb question

If I get the sprout100 and later want to upgrade to stellar gain cell and amplifier, could I use the sprout100 as a streaming device with them?

You certainly could if you like the convenience of Bluetooth. Previously I would have recommended picking up a Chromecast Audio instead, but it has been discontinued so they’re hard to find nowadays.

If you can find a Chromecast Audio, then you can use your Sprout100 in a secondary system, sell it, or give it to a friend or family member :grin:

1 Like

Ok, that’s a good idea. Thanks for the info!

Even before you upgrade…you’re gonna love the Sprout.

3 Likes

Yes, can’t wait! Been holding off ordering because we’re closing on a house next week so was waiting for the move first. It’s funny I think I’m more excited about piecing together a new system than getting a house, lol.

3 Likes

Houses come and go, a Sprout is forever!

1 Like

Congrats on the new house! Keep us posted on how things go :grin:

1 Like

Thanks will do!

I got the SGCD/M700 before the Sprout100 came out, and still got 2 Sprouts. That’s how great it is. Never letting go of them unless for when my kids get their own house.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Big 5.1 system with 8’ screen, Revel Ultima speakers including Sub30 all around, Bryston process and amps, DSJr, P10 and Nordost snake-oil. :slight_smile: Also ASC designed room treatments. I’m likely downsizing to either Kii Three or Dutch & Dutch 8c plus a Roon Nucleus. I wouldn’t say I’m more excited about that than about the new condo, but it keeps me sane.

1 Like

Nice, sounds like a great set up. I’m such a newb though I understand about half of what you said, lol. I’ll get there eventually.

2 Likes

Finally got my budget system hooked up. Speakers are: Fluance XL7FBK, turntable is a Fluance rt83 with an ortofon 2m red cart and of course a Sprout100. I can’t believe how beautiful this little amp is. Such nice workmanship.

1 Like

Lookin great! Thanks for sharing. If you have the real estate, try pulling the speakers a little further apart. You’ll get a lot better stereo imaging even if you’re not in the sweet spot.

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

Nice setup! It’s funny that we consider this a “budget” system when it is better than 99.9% of most peoples music systems.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s miles above any system I’ve had before yet miles behind the systems I see on here. Either way I’m happy!

1 Like

That’s what really matters. It’s all about having fun!

3 Likes

Those Fluance speakers are quite interesting, esp in their price range. How is the bass response from the downward firing woofers? Really interesting design.

My set up is in a fairly big room with vaulted ceilings and its great for my taste. Definitely has a lil punch, but I haven’t cranked it too high yet. Waiting for a night that the wife works so I can hear what these can do.

Hi, everyone. I’m also a proud new owner of a sprout100 and looking for a good pair of speaker to match. I’m restricting my options to under $2k. Recently found a good offer on a pair of KEFs R500 or Q950. Do you think the sprout can handle them well?

1 Like